The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

The blog says that Death Waltz is releasing the Texas Chainsaw Massacre score on vinyl. /800 for two shows so in guessing /400 at Mondocon?

It looks like it's kind of separate from Mondocon though, as it's "included in the price" of the ticket of the movie screening, and those tickets are going to go on sale at a later date (per the Mondo twitter account).  It's not clear if you will need BOTH tickets to the con and the movie, or just the movie, but I'm not really seeing that these will be available at the con if you're not also going to the screening.

Thanks for the advice on the Visitor, everyone. Ended up picking it up. Really liked the whole package altogether. Only shame is that it wasn't the starburst variant.

As for these newly announced releases, very excited to check out these releases, especially the lost 2001: A Space Odyssey soundtrack. That is something I definitely interested in. As for the Iron Giant soundtrack, I think I'll be fine with any edition of that. The movie's score to me has some nice highlights but it isn't the most memorable thing about that film although this scene with the score behind it makes me misty-eyed everytime.

It looks like it's kind of separate from Mondocon though, as it's "included in the price" of the ticket of the movie screening, and those tickets are going to go on sale at a later date (per the Mondo twitter account). It's not clear if you will need BOTH tickets to the con and the movie, or just the movie, but I'm not really seeing that these will be available at the con if you're not also going to the screening.

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre will be shown remastered in 4K with an original score performed live at MondoCon on Sunday, September 21."

"Death Waltz records has produced the score and will make it available exclusively at the two shows in Austin and LA."

They are selling it there yes. But it looks like it's not the music from the movie?

Also, this is the first announcement for Mondo Con.

So it's possible even other releases are coming (I'm actually pretty sure).

Gonna be an expensive month.

I hope there's no vinyl at the pop up shop.

Yeah. Like I said, it's the lost score from the movie. I know what it is. I would love to own that. Especially if Mondo is doing it. They, of course, wouldn't do the regular score. That has already been released on vinyl. And they, so far, specialize in previously unpressed (other than picture disc) soundtracks.

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre will be shown remastered in 4K with an original score performed live at MondoCon on Sunday, September 21."

"Death Waltz records has produced the score and will make it available exclusively at the two shows in Austin and LA."

Yeah, I did a shit job of explaining what I meant.  What I was trying to say is that, from the verbiage on the blog (and the FAQ), it appears the 400 for Mondocon are only if you're going to the screening.  The FAQ yesterday didn't make any indication if you would need a wristband in addition to a ticket to the screening to get into the screening.  I'm assuming someone asked, because last night they added this to the FAQ:

Tickets to these screenings will be a separate charge and will be offered to wristband holders on a first come first served basis.

Do I need a ticket to attend the screenings?

Yes. You will need a ticket/wristband in order to purchase a ticket to the screening(s).

So, anyways, that's what I was poorly getting at.

Anyone know how long Mondo takes to respond re: damaged records? I messaged their CS dept who told me to email damages@mondo, but I guess it's been about 6 days and I haven't heard back.

I don't mind waiting of course, just would be good to know they've seen my email. Guess they have a bit of a backlog maybe.

Anyone know how long Mondo takes to respond re: damaged records? I messaged their CS dept who told me to email damages@mondo, but I guess it's been about 6 days and I haven't heard back.

I don't mind waiting of course, just would be good to know they've seen my email. Guess they have a bit of a backlog maybe.

They have usually responded within 24 hours for me but they are probaby crazy busy with mondocon coming up. I would maybe send them a follow up email though.

That must be a new policy/department. Any time I've had a damaged item, CS responded prettily promptly and took care of the issue personally. You may want to let them know you haven't received a reply...