The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I can't wait to pick up all these rare variant OSTs for $5 in 5 years at thrift stores and in discount used bins. You guys are awesome though. I get the biggest a kick out of this thread.

I often think this will be the case too. Especially with Mondo stuff. Poster folk who jumped in for a bit or people who started but realized they don't play them that much sell once the novelty wears off. Who knows though. 

I often think this will be the case too. Especially with Mondo stuff. Poster folk who jumped in for a bit or people who started but realized they don't play them that much sell once the novelty wears off. Who knows though. 

Maybe not stuff like Drive or Studio Ghibli but the more obscure stuff definitely.

I think the argument has to assume we are at the peak of the bell curve in terms of vinyl sales. I don't think Mondo specifically will magically get super cheap. Just that a whole bunch of people who started buying say, 5 years ago, will start selling in another 5. 

It is certainly possible, but I dunno about probable. 

I think the argument has to assume we are at the peak of the bell curve in terms of vinyl sales. I don't think Mondo specifically will magically get super cheap. Just that a whole bunch of people who started buying say, 5 years ago, will start selling in another 5. 

It is certainly possible, but I dunno about probable. 

Due to my current financial situation I have been highly considering selling some of my mondo variants. I think my GID Paranormans will go first. I'll let you guys know if I finally make the decision.

Wait. They didn't take 3 mailer filler pieces, cut a 7" sized hole in one, then put the 7" in that hole, surround it with two other pieces, but all that in a bubble wrap bag inside a 12"mailer, then wrap that in bubble wrap, put it in a pizza box and then fill that box with packing peanuts?

Wait. They didn't take 3 mailer filler pieces, cut a 7" sized hole in one, then put the 7" in that hole, surround it with two other pieces, but all that in a bubble wrap bag inside a 12"mailer, then wrap that in bubble wrap, put it in a pizza box and then fill that box with packing peanuts?

Nope. Lazy bastards.

For those not on the mailing list - "The Cat In The Brain" is on-sale tomorrow A.M. at a "random time".

From what i've heard this soundtrack sounds pretty good.

Looks like another randomly inserted variant. Black standard and a randomly inserted "brain" variant. Anybody know if it's going to be an A or B version like Jurassic Park? Or just the black and "brain?"

Looks like another randomly inserted variant. Black standard and a randomly inserted "brain" variant. Anybody know if it's going to be an A or B version like Jurassic Park? Or just the black and "brain?"

9/10 Mondo things only have one cover with a standard black and a random insert. 

Guest deleted

dang three days ago there were 60 of those left...someone cleaned house

Yeah, I noticed that too... was down to 20 by Sunday night then 4 as of yesterday. Noticed that the price went down every single weekend for quite some time too. Anyone know if that's common with amazon listings? Cheaper on weekends or Sundays?