The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

But ive realised, and correct me if im wrong but every State has different postage prices and taxes. is this true?

Domestically postage prices vary by weight and service class. I think if you're getting different prices it is at the discretion of the company your ordering from. The state of origin shouldn't cause the shipping price to change. Sales tax domestically is different and varies by state. 

so is anyone a fan of the movie or soundtrack or is everyone buying it because it's mondo?

Haven't heard the music besides some quick youtubing nor have I seen the movie but I've never ordered a record from them and I'm curious to see their standards. Seemed like a cool release to gamble on. 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="dreamover" data-cid="1377759" data-time="1357336291"><p>so is anyone a fan of the movie or soundtrack or is everyone buying it because it's mondo?</p></blockquote><br />I love this flick so it was natural to buy the soundtrack. I imagine most will buy it since it's Mondo.

It seems to me that the majority of people who have purchased the past soundtracks, have been the Mondo fanboys. The ones who buy anything and everything that Mondo puts out. Of course cock-blocking fans of the particular artists (posters/prints) and maybe even the fuckin's movies the soundtracks are for. I sound bitter cuz I am. I've gotten shafted plenty of times before with Mondo's craptacular carting system which is bullshit and lost out on a few prints by some of my fave artists. Sucks to be me. 

I bought this release and will probably continue to buy the others for the art, to some degree, the novelty. I've always loved the work Mondo commissions but I'm not big on buying prints and certainly won't be jumping through any hoops for them.

Some movies I'll know, some I won't, but of the package is solid I'll probably be in for it. Plus side, I'll probably check a few films I may have slept on otherwise.

So I guess I'm somewhere in between. If you can be a Mondo fanboy without ever having made a purchase from them... maybe thats me?

I bought this release and will probably continue to buy the others for the art, to some degree, the novelty. I've always loved the work Mondo commissions but I'm not big on buying prints and certainly won't be jumping through any hoops for them.

Some movies I'll know, some I won't, but of the package is solid I'll probably be in for it. Plus side, I'll probably check a few films I may have slept on otherwise.

So I guess I'm somewhere in between. If you can be a Mondo fanboy without ever having made a purchase from them... maybe thats me?

I dont think you could have described my feeling any better on this as well. 

I really like listening to scores while I work. I really enjoy blaxplotation stuff like Black Dynamite and Mad Dog's Hustle. Bigger budget movies with big orchestral scores are fun too...I grabbed that dark knight score and also have the untouchables score which i grabbed for like a buck. 

I'm not into many soundtrack comps unless they were integral to the movie. O Brother Where Art Thou / Eddie and the Cruisers are two that I spin all the time. 

I was approved for a license for the score of one of my favorite movies just before Christmas...hoping to have that done for Record Store Day.

Yeah not into soundtrack comps. Mostly what happens is that i like 1 or 2 songs only. On the other hand you get one like Mallrats or Angus and they rock all the way through. But more like a comp or playlist you might make for yourself! Though the recent Lawless soundtrack is amazing.

Definitely got into listening to scores more recently. I picked up Children of the Corn a few months back and spun it whilst getting ready to go away so i had it up loud whilst i packed and cleared away and managed to scare the shit out of myself!

Ooooh! Insteresting. Im intrigued. Can you give us any more information on your RSD release?

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jeffersonhowell" data-cid="1378087" data-time="1357361785"><p>Who said anything about not wanting them buddy?</p></blockquote><br />You said yourself that you mostly buy them for the art and novelty. If I'm blind buying I never go by the art because you end up buying Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell and expect it to be a metal record, then you are left sorely disappointed. $27 is steep for liking the artwork/novelty of it. Just a legitimate question because it interests me when people buy records using different justifications than I do.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jeffersonhowell" data-cid="1378087" data-time="1357361785"><p>Who said anything about not wanting them buddy?</p></blockquote><br />You said yourself that you mostly buy them for the art and novelty. If I'm blind buying I never go by the art because you end up buying Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell and expect it to be a metal record, then you are left sorely disappointed. $27 is steep for liking the artwork/novelty of it. Just a legitimate question because it interests me when people buy records using different justifications than I do.

Wait so, youve given your personal opinion as to how/why you buy the vinyl you want, yet are unwilling to accept other peoples opinions as to why they may or may not want that same item? Hell, I bought it. If I dont like it after a couple listens, or just dont want it anymore, Ill just sell/trade it to someone that does. Really no reason to sit and debate whether you want it or not while taking the risk that it sells out in the meantime (like Mondo releases typically do). Its just $27, not like Im investing in a TT or something. 

I didn't read it as an argument, no worries. Let me try to clear it up. 

I gave you the reason I was purchasing this particular release which I think you equated with not actually wanting it, as I was not buying for the contents of the record itself. Which isn't true. The artwork of this package was enough for me to purchase without having heard the contents. I definitely still wanted it, just for a different reason than you. At least I am assuming. With the Drive soundtrack, should I get one, the inverse will be true. I really like the record and I'm actually not a really big fan of Tyler Stout's aesthetic.

I'm a designer by trade so really great LP artwork is often enough to compel me to purchase. That goes beyond LPs, I'm fine shelling out cash for something I think is high quality or something that someone worked really hard on and I think deserves reward. For examples of the former, come see my closet full of posters I still haven't hung. In the case of the latter, The Outlaw by They've Shot Flanigan comes to mind. Casey was working with them and they wanted help pressing the LP. I don't love the artwork, and I'm only so-so on the record (Sorry Casey) but I'm still going to give them the $30 because I think they deserve it. I'll buy it on artistic merit or effort because I personally value both those things. 

Sometimes I buy some stinkers, other times I am pleasantly surprised. But I never feel bad supporting art. Not saying you don't like to support art, just saying. Hopefully that don't read "holier than thou" in an way.

I wasn't arguing with anyone, I was just asking dude a question. Some folks on here sure are touchy.

Yeah, sorry what I said probably didnt come off exactly how I wanted it to? I guess my point is, everyone has their own specific reasons and neither of us bought something we didnt want because that would be stupid. I like the idea of old horror movie soundtracks and am definitely looking forward to spinning this release. Ive been too late on both of their previous releases and kind of regretted not being on the ball after the fact. Always with Mondo, you jump on it first, then ask questions later (unless youre absolutely sure what is being released beforehand) . Otherwise there's a very good chance you miss the boat entirely...