The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I think they forgot to mention it when it went on sale. Maybe they never had this problem before and just didn't think about it.

They mention it now on the site...

I think it was a bigger misunderstanding. They told people directly they were shipping overseas but the catch was no stores overseas could carry it. When, as far as I understand, NONE could be sold outside of the US even by their site. I think someone over there just screwed up and misunderstood is all. DWRC made it super clear from the start. They couldn't even sell to subscribers. It happens though.

Guest realtalk

Ain't no way they sold 6,000.

...I don't think.

Tend to agree.

Whenever huge pressing/sales numbers come about I think of Blink 182 - Neighborhoods and how many they pressed and sold for that. A good comparison benchmark because they're pretty popular and would have a lot if sales even if a lot of other factors muddy the waters.

In particular, when I hear "Italians Do It Better" pressing numbers, I really am doubtful. And even though Mondo and soundtracks are hot right now, I doubt whether they would outsell Blink 182 in such a short time.

But this is all hearsay. Or is it heresy?

Tend to agree.

Whenever huge pressing/sales numbers come about I think of Blink 182 - Neighborhoods and how many they pressed and sold for that. A good comparison benchmark because they're pretty popular and would have a lot if sales even if a lot of other factors muddy the waters.

In particular, when I hear "Italians Do It Better" pressing numbers, I really am doubtful. And even though Mondo and soundtracks are hot right now, I doubt whether they would outsell Blink 182 in such a short time.

But this is all hearsay. Or is it heresy?

Yeah, theres no way this would out sell Blink 182. Unless theyre counting their distribution to record stores in their 6000+ statement (which would also mean these will be sitting on shelves forever), theres no way they did 6k in a few hours for a relatively unknown remake of a classic horror film. Plus, they cant even sell these internationally which obviously hurts their numbers as well as the fact that Death Waltz has put out their version of this release at the exact same time.

I tinker with the idea of asking how a band like Blink 182 could sell so much records...but that would be another topic and probably start a war! :D

back to topic:

I think it was a bigger misunderstanding. They told people directly they were shipping overseas but the catch was no stores overseas could carry it.

This is the straw that really broke the camel's back...your order goes through and then this?! I would have asked people in the US beforehand if I knew about this issue before...

I'm not sure how much rhyme or reason here is to purchase time and ship dates. I purchased instantly and it is still pending. They get to them when they get to them.

Anyone think Pacific Rim soundtrack might be coming up? Del Toro is a noted Mondo fan and Tom from RATM worked on it. Seems like some nerd bait. 

I'm not sure how much rhyme or reason here is to purchase time and ship dates. I purchased instantly and it is still pending. They get to them when they get to them.

Anyone think Pacific Rim soundtrack might be coming up? Del Toro is a noted Mondo fan and Tom from RATM worked on it. Seems like some nerd bait. 

bleh I hope not, personally :(

I've heard pretty consistent rumors that Stout would be doing the artwork for Pacific Rim but that's not been confirmed.  As far as the soundtrack is concerned, I've heard nothing on that front.