The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I think the variants for Maniac and Beyond are awesome, it's not just a flat clear color. There's little subtle swirls in them that are super cool and more interesting then even splatter to me.

I was hoping the new Maniac would be something with a blood splatter but I guess they didn't wanna rip off Death Waltz. Though a white with red in marble would be cool for sure.

Anyway, yeah, hope we get some cool mix ups in the future.

I agree jax. Probably would hurt even more though.

And you're right Shlebs haha! I don't even know why I started down on the variant path but now I can't stop. Was hoping a little fortune on these 2 would make future purchases easier but no such luck!

I got 1 variant color from Mondo (Poltergeist - Clear), thought it was cool when I got it for about 5 minutes and then the feeling went away and was left with just another clear vinyl copy of a record, of which I have a bunch.

I think if they did cooler, more unique swirls or splatters, it would make it a little more worthwhile to getting the variants, but then again everyone knows how I feel about Mondo doing these random cracker jack boxes, so I wont go into the details again about how I really feel about their vinyl practices in general, haha.

Some rumors floating around that they may have some vinyl for sale on SDCC... Not sure what it will be though. My guess is maybe Pacific Rim.

Was there a release date set for the Pacific Rim soundtrack yet? Or has it not even been confirmed yet?

Nothing has been leaked other than some tweet or something from Death Waltz(?) referencing Mondo doing it. Fact that info hasn't been leaked in some capacity along with the fact that Mondo is hinting at possibly selling some vinyl at SDCC "if it's ready in time" leads me to think the PR OST will be a surprise release there. Doubt its exclusive to SDCC though because rumors have it that Pacific Rim charged a fuck load of money for their licensing rights, which is why Mondo and Odd City already have about 30 different PR prints created for sale. If you thought the movie Drive was over saturated with shit...

Here are the Mondo artists that are doing PR prints so far.

Tong, Vania and Thorpe (who did 2 different prints).

That puts Mondo at 4 already and I think Odd City has between 10 and 12 different prints either out or scheduled. Ridiculous.

That's a hell of alot of prints/$$ riding on a movie that no one had even seen yet...

I though odd city was doing 6 different PR prints.

Still haven't seen the flick so I'm not picking up any prints yet. Last time I scored a print before seeing the movie was cowboys and aliens. Lesson learned

Is it 6? Ahh, maybe the person who I was reading was also including variants and such? Either way, I think the point still stands. Nobody needs 10 official prints of a movie that just arrived in theaters. I hear its pretty good though?