The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Hey, it's almost Halloween. I hope Mondo/DW presses a "Werewolf Bar Mitzvah" 7".

God, that would be amazing. TV is such a different world from Movies... If it's never been released officially on a "30 Rock: Music from the Television Series" type album, getting a studio to dig into rights for an inactive show is very very difficult. But definitely a great idea.

It depends on how they sell, honestly. We have a set amount, but if we still have stock around that time, I can't see why not... but don't hold me to that. I'm only really working on the record side of MC things this year.

Tell us all the releases that will be at Mondo Con this year. We wont tell anyone. Test pressings? Mondo 007? The soundtrack to IT? Boogie Nights? Come on spill some beans man!

IT may look the same but it is not.

The mondo ones are much higher quality, if you held them both in your hands you would see the difference.

The schoolchildren inside the sweatshop that makes the Mondo sweaters are slightly older and thus more experienced on the machinery.

I've purchased two sweaters from them and they were just okay. The first one was fine, but the second one has loose stitching at the sleeve to shoulder area. It looks like crap and I wish I had noticed it earlier and returned it. Also, they run really big and baggy. The pictures are deceptive. I wear a large and it was like an XL-XXL. The medium was like a L-XL. I probably could have even had a more tailored one if I got a small. Not falling over myself to buy from them again.

Good hearing some feedback on them. Are they nice looking in person? Loose stitching is definitely BS, I'm sure Mondo would replace that if you ordered from them.

That's interesting they run so large - I think most tacky sweaters like this are usually worn pretty baggy / oversize. I'm an L and if I grabbed one I'd probably go for an XL - but if they're huge as is, maybe I'd just snag the L.

They didn't shrink in the dryer or anything?

Ya same here....odd!

Hmm. That is annoying. Here's probably what's going on. Sweaters ship priority (which is expensive, but fast) and cassettes ship Media mail (which is slow and cheaper) and our system probably isn't equipped to figure out how to put those things together. Because, yeah, truth is shoving a cassette inside the sweater and shipping shouldn't be more expensive than shipping the sweater (unless it pushes something that is 1lb 15oz to 2lb 01 oz as Priority mail is by the pound, not ounce)

If you want to buy both, I can talk to our shipping manager about giving you a refund on your shipping. Sorry about that. I know shipping is weird, and you guys have a lot of issues with our pricing - please understand I hear everything, and it's always an ongoing conversation. please know that we are no gouging or intentionally over charging you guys for profit. A lot of it is more the growing pains of a company that is selling a lot of different types of products, and shipping software that does not allow for nearly variable / options as we'd like.

But again, working on it always.

I was gonna purchase a cassette to the UK but then saw the shipping, i thought i'd add a vinyl to the order to make it worthwhile & the shipping went up to $39 !   its just too crazy , please look into this mo!

Hey, I'll gladly look into this. Shipping to the UK (and overseas in general) is weight based. Putting a cassette and an LP into a vinyl mailer might bump it up to a weight that really costs close to that, but let me make sure it's not buggy though. E-mail me mo at mondotees.com and i'll sort it out for you.

Hmm. That is annoying. Here's probably what's going on. Sweaters ship priority (which is expensive, but fast) and cassettes ship Media mail (which is slow and cheaper) and our system probably isn't equipped to figure out how to put those things together. Because, yeah, truth is shoving a cassette inside the sweater and shipping shouldn't be more expensive than shipping the sweater (unless it pushes something that is 1lb 15oz to 2lb 01 oz as Priority mail is by the pound, not ounce)

If you want to buy both, I can talk to our shipping manager about giving you a refund on your shipping. Sorry about that. I know shipping is weird, and you guys have a lot of issues with our pricing - please understand I hear everything, and it's always an ongoing conversation. please know that we are no gouging or intentionally over charging you guys for profit. A lot of it is more the growing pains of a company that is selling a lot of different types of products, and shipping software that does not allow for nearly variable / options as we'd like.

But again, working on it always.

I actually ended up buying both, so if you can offer some shipping discount, I'd love you for it  :wub: