The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

2 hours ago, Desk Cop said:

On Aliens they're using different "ranks", for lack of a better word because I'm not a biologist, of aliens to denote the side. On Prometheus they're using the different base proteins of DNA (since the Engineers made us!).

...gotcha, praetorian threw me off I guess and I would've never thought about DNA for prometheus. Thanks

Anyone going for the Synchronicity OST today?

I listened to it on the way in to work this morning and thought it was just... okay? Maybe it's something that would grow on me. I liked the idea of it more than I actually liked the music. Torn between whether to grab it or not this afternoon.

16 minutes ago, surfingelectrode said:

Anyone going for the Synchronicity OST today?

I listened to it on the way in to work this morning and thought it was just... okay? Maybe it's something that would grow on me. I liked the idea of it more than I actually liked the music. Torn between whether to grab it or not this afternoon.

I've been meaning to listen to it. The description Mondo gave of it sounded like something I'd be into, but I haven't gotten around to checking it out yet.

11 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

Fuck, never heard of this movie, but this soundtrack is excellent.

Also someone on a youtube video said if you like the movie to check out Primer. Which is an amazing movie....shouldn't spend money...

I will second this, Primer is fantastic, especially for those interested in the Mandella Effect....

MIRROR mirror on the wall

LUKE i am your father

13 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

Fuck, never heard of this movie, but this soundtrack is excellent.

Also someone on a youtube video said if you like the movie to check out Primer. Which is an amazing movie....shouldn't spend money...

double post city, sorry....

BernstEin bears

Edited by rogeoa8

10 hours ago, surfingelectrode said:

Yeah, dunno, the score did nothing for me. Maybe it's just because most of the cues are so short. 

I'm with you.  It's not bad, but didn't seem special to me either.  Maybe I'd dig it more and have a better connection if I watched the film and enjoyed it.  Seems that anytime Spencer hypes something up a lot it never meets my expectations - guess I've just got different tastes.

Pretty excited about this! I can't be the only one can I?

DISTRIBUTED TITLES
Wet Hot American Summer. Music by Craig Wedren and Theodore Shapiro, plus original tunes by Peter Salett, Craig Wedren and Mr. Blue & Chubb Rock. Housed in a gatefold jacket. Includes digital download card. Mondo Exclusive Colorway, pressed on Campfire colored Vinyl. $27

47 minutes ago, cfrancese5 said:

Pretty excited about this! I can't be the only one can I?

DISTRIBUTED TITLES
Wet Hot American Summer. Music by Craig Wedren and Theodore Shapiro, plus original tunes by Peter Salett, Craig Wedren and Mr. Blue & Chubb Rock. Housed in a gatefold jacket. Includes digital download card. Mondo Exclusive Colorway, pressed on Campfire colored Vinyl. $27

You are not alone.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/121160-po-wet-hot-american-summer-ost/

Edited by lethalenforcer

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2016 at 5:00 AM, hallowken78 said:

It's not bad, but didn't seem special to me either.  Maybe I'd dig it more and have a better connection if I watched the film and enjoyed it.  Seems that anytime Spencer hypes something up a lot it never meets my expectations - guess I've just got different tastes.

Same here. Sometimes I think he hypes up stuff that doesn't have a lot of it's own inertia, but sometimes it's definitely because it's a passion project for him.

On 6/2/2016 at 9:04 AM, redroom said:

I'd like to see the artwork because the cover really looks kinda simple.

When they say Jay Shaw killed it, I can also make killer artwork.

Haha. Friggin' Red. This score leaves me flat, but I love the artwork. For me, Shaw is far and away the most consistently good/interesting poster artist and package designer they use. Then again, I have a deep and abiding love for Czech, Polish, and Cuban movie poster art.

On another note, has anyone received Naked Lunch yet or grabbed a Dead Ringers today?

Edited by docbronze

14 hours ago, docbronze said:

Same here. Sometimes I think he hypes up stuff that doesn't have a lot of it's own inertia, but sometimes it's definitely because it's a passion project for him.

Haha. Friggin' Red. This score leaves me flat, but I love the artwork. For me, Shaw is far and away the most consistently good/interesting poster artist and package designer they use. Then again, I have a deep and abiding love for Czech, Polish, and Cuban movie poster art.

On another note, has anyone received Naked Lunch yet or grabbed a Dead Ringers today?

This blows my mind. Out of curiosity, hich Shaw covers are your favorite.

9 hours ago, jeffthomas84 said:

Had Naked Lunch for about a month. Great score/package... Bought DR today too

Thanks for the response, Jeff. Do you have the yellow or the black wax and how is the sound quality?

6 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

This blows my mind. Out of curiosity, hich Shaw covers are your favorite.

Hahaha! Which part blows your mind? The Shaw bit? He has many that I like, but the Shaw covers that leap to mind are The Visitor, Rosemary's Baby, and Blue Sunshine. His poster for Rocky III is straight fire. One of the best I've ever seen.

11 minutes ago, docbronze said:

Thanks for the response, Jeff. Do you have the yellow or the black wax and how is the sound quality?

Hahaha! Which part blows your mind? The Shaw bit? He has many that I like, but the Shaw covers that leap to mind are The Visitor, Rosemary's Baby, and Blue Sunshine. His poster for Rocky III is straight fire. One of the best I've ever seen.

I agree on those 3 covers. Those are indeed really good. Especially The Visitor!