The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

17 minutes ago, duckula said:

Did anyone get Castlevania and give it a listen yet? I've read that it's a CD rip which is straight up lazy shit considering the care that labels like Data Discs put into their VG releases.

A CD rip of an old, low fidelity video game soundtrack doesn't seem to be an issue to me but I don't know much about these kinds of things.

9 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Holy shit guys, Twin Peaks art reveal tomorrow, then on sale 2 days later.  It's finally happening!

1 hour ago, clerk3745 said:

!kcor s'teL

45 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

I want my garmonbozia.

9 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Daydreamt about this in the car today for an embarrassingly long period of time.

5 hours ago, Royce said:

SO EXCITED, HOT DAMN.

That gum we like is about to come back into style!

Twin_Peaks_-_dancing_midget-245x207.gif

1 hour ago, duckula said:

Did anyone get Castlevania and give it a listen yet? I've read that it's a CD rip which is straight up lazy shit considering the care that labels like Data Discs put into their VG releases.

Aren't most Mondo releases just remastered versions of CD tracks? A lot of their releases have had the same tracklistings (right down to the bonus tracks) of CD score releases.

20 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Castlevania sounds great to me...and a way better listen than the bootleg released by another austin label last year.

I think maybe he just needs to blow on the grooves and try re-inserting into the turntable a few times.

I like the cover design. And usually dislike intricate die-cutting because of tears happening and white typically showing around edges. But since the sleeve itself is white and the strips look fairly thick I think it'll hold up well. Definitely needs to find a home in a snug protective sleeve though.

1 minute ago, Vector53 said:

Also don't you guys feel like we should have a double LP for more cues or you content with this? After getting that crazy what.CD compilation of tracks, it feels weird to see just seeing 11 tracks.

After they leaked the shot of the center label and track listing a few months ago, these 11 tracks are pretty much what I was expecting.

Just now, stl_ben said:

Are you/we thinking there is only one version?  I would guess Mondo will have different version on the site than they have in stores....

You're probably right.  Knowing Mondo, they'll have a /100 variant or something ridiculous.  But no one has mentioned anything other than the Damn Fine Coffee color, so I'm not sure.

2 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Are you/we thinking there is only one version?  I would guess Mondo will have different version on the site than they have in stores....

There appears to be one version.

If there wasn't, makes no sense why they wouldn't tease it in the news release.

Edited by lethalenforcer

from http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/new-record-release-twin-peaks-original-score-lp

Hey folks - we only have one new release for you this week. It’s a little known score to a TV series set in the fictional town of Twin Peaks...funnily enough called Twin Peaks! We are overjoyed to finally be releasing this for you. The package is really handsome: it's minimal, understated and (best of all) approved by both David Lynch & Angelo Badalamenti, which is absolutely thrilling for us.

Also, we listened to your concerns about availability. We pressed one version of this record - that means no limited variants, but it also means nobody should miss out on getting this reissue!

As always, all new releases go on sale on Wednesdays at 12PM (CST). 

4 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Where?

The World Wide Web.

Seriously, I honestly don't remember. Twitter or somesuchness. Shortly after DWRC announced it was happening they were acquired by Mondo and now had folks in the US and EU getting preemptively angry about how expensive shipping would be or how impossible the good variants would be to find. DWRC said somewhere at that point that there would be one, relatively affordable variant for all and that it was the way Lynch wanted it so everyone calm down. That's the best I can do, but ut definitely happened.

Edited by docbronze