BuzzersonKillwell

The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Watch how distraught this guy gets after seeing how different the vinyl looks versus the original mockups.

I'm genuinely afraid to, but I'm going to take a long drink and do it...

I laughed at his expense, my newborn cried while he was talking, and now he's a VC meme. Good times

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

1 minute ago, mr. sincere said:

Finally watched the whole thing. It’s all gold. And the first minute on why he doesn’t normally do unboxing videos becomes incredibly prescient. 

It’s so close to being satire, a part of me wants to believe it is. Also worth checking out is his Jaws “retrospective.” It plays like he won a contest to create a substanceless DVD featurette that was never actually going to make it onto the disc.

8 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I really want this guy to become a certified meme on VC.  Like the minute you see this cursed image appear in a PO thread, you just know someone received the record and it doesn't quite match the mockup.  No further exposition needed.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

It’s so close to being satire, a part of me wants to believe it is. Also worth checking out is his Jaws “retrospective.” It plays like he won a contest to create a substanceless DVD featurette that was never actually going to make it onto the disc.

Goddamn, at the 14-minute mark he bitches about perception v reality of the color of this record too.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Are you guys clowning this man in the YouTube comments? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

He added this to the video description: "Alternative Title: Hipster complains about colored plastic"

His personality presents as more incel than hipster, but that's just my take. 

Edited by bridley

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, bridley said:

His personality presents as more incel than hipster, but that's just my take. 

Na, lets be fair here, the guy dropped $100+ on a box set and it didn’t meet his expectations. It’s fair to voice his disappointment. That doesn’t mean he’s away to shoot up the nearest school. Plus he’s Canadian so we (you Americans) should be safe.

Edited by Skacel

Posted (edited)

Nah. He’s not incel-y. He’s a big nerd just like all of us. He just turned off the chill for views. Like, we get disappointed with a record, but we go about our lives. He HAS to go off because of clicks 

Edited by timsimmons

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Nah. He’s not incel-y. He’s a big nerd just like all of us. He just turned off the chill for vid. 

I'm not sure that dude had any chill to be turned off. Seems like the type of guy who, because of this, would ruin his wife's day too.

Edited by MyEnemy

2 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Nah. He’s not incel-y. He’s a big nerd just like all of us. He just turned off the chill for views. Like, we get disappointed with a record, but we go about our lives. He HAS to go off because of clicks 

Exactly, we’ll said. I actually found him quite endearing.