The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

The funny thing is, the artist is great, but this just doesn't land for me.

Interesting that Eternals is coming soon too. Hopefully the more Marvel films they are teasing are the Cap films, but I'm betting they are doing Love and Thunder (Big Giacchino year, remember) and maybe both Dr. Strange movies.

• 2 months later...

Honestly, I’m going to be optimistic about this one. They wouldn’t buy them if their gonna to say “Hey switch to selling just Tiki Mugs, that’s where all your revenue and fans come from right?”

if anything, it’ll just open a huge stream of capital for them. Maybe we finally get bigger vinyl pressings out the gate, maybe they can just bribe the pressing plants to jump the line. Who knows. But I can’t imagine they change things too much and survive to be a valuable acquisition.

4 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Honestly, I’m going to be optimistic about this one. They wouldn’t buy them if their gonna to say “Hey switch to selling just Tiki Mugs, that’s where all your revenue and fans come from right?”

if anything, it’ll just open a huge stream of capital for them. Maybe we finally get bigger vinyl pressings out the gate, maybe they can just bribe the pressing plants to jump the line. Who knows. But I can’t imagine they change things too much and survive to be a valuable acquisition.

You’re being very optimistic.

Funko is a publicly traded company which means it owes nothing to anyone but its shareholders.

It will always find ways to cut corners and squeeze out maximum profit, because that’s what (most) publicity traded companies do. 

4 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

You’re being very optimistic.

Funko is a publicly traded company which means it owes nothing to anyone but its shareholders.

It will always find ways to cut corners and squeeze out maximum profit, because that’s what (most) publicity traded companies do. 

Sure, but what changes in this scenario? They tell them “hey start using worse pressing plants, we can save some cash there.” Then the fans hear the hot piss that is their $45 2xLP and their out. Then the acquisition doesn’t have any profit.

Y’all probably got at least a few years before they start to take the trust and test it. 

On 6/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, N8TRU said:

Alright I'm gonna say it again.

Where's Doom Patrol?

Lol.

Announced 18 months ago: https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/music-weekly-aquaman-deluxe-edition-3xlp

C'mon Funko give it to us.

That link doesn't say anything about Doom Patrol (it's possible they changed it.) But get in line, we've been waiting over two years since they announced they'd be pressing That Thing You Do. 

26 minutes ago, Sanspants said:

That link doesn't say anything about Doom Patrol (it's possible they changed it.) But get in line, we've been waiting over two years since they announced they'd be pressing That Thing You Do. 

"We will continue the celebration with SHAZAM!, DOOM PATROL seasons 1 and 2, and a reissue of John Williams' 1978 masterwork SUPERMAN, with more hopefully arriving later in the year. "

• 2 weeks later...

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'Origina! Motion Picture Soundtrack singles VOL VOL. singles singles'

This week, we are proud to present the second title in our ongoing Cameron Crowe directors series of soundtracks: the first volume of the iconic and essential soundtrack to his sophomore film, SINGLES.

SINGLES - ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK 2XLP

Mondo, in partnership with Vinyl Films and Sony Music, is proud to present a 30th anniversary vinyl re-issue of the seminal 1992 soundtrack to Cameron Crowe's sophomore film, SINGLES

This volume features songs by Alice In ChainsPearl JamPaul WesterbergMother Love BoneThe Smashing PumpkinsSoundgarden, and more. 

Pressed on 2x 180 Gram color vinyl, and housed in all new 30th anniversary packaging, it also features a replica Japanese Zine from the original international theatrical release.
SINGLES_VOL1_GATE_1024x1024.jpg?v=165643
SINGLES - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP - VOLUME 1Pressed on 2x 180 Gram Translucent Orange Vinyl. Also available on 2x 180 Gram Black Vinyl. Featuring a 20 Page replica Japanese Zine. $40

5 minutes ago, jhulud said:

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'Origina! Motion Picture Soundtrack singles VOL VOL. singles singles'

This week, we are proud to present the second title in our ongoing Cameron Crowe directors series of soundtracks: the first volume of the iconic and essential soundtrack to his sophomore film, SINGLES.

SINGLES - ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK 2XLP

Mondo, in partnership with Vinyl Films and Sony Music, is proud to present a 30th anniversary vinyl re-issue of the seminal 1992 soundtrack to Cameron Crowe's sophomore film, SINGLES

This volume features songs by Alice In ChainsPearl JamPaul WesterbergMother Love BoneThe Smashing PumpkinsSoundgarden, and more. 

Pressed on 2x 180 Gram color vinyl, and housed in all new 30th anniversary packaging, it also features a replica Japanese Zine from the original international theatrical release.
SINGLES_VOL1_GATE_1024x1024.jpg?v=165643
SINGLES - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP - VOLUME 1Pressed on 2x 180 Gram Translucent Orange Vinyl. Also available on 2x 180 Gram Black Vinyl. Featuring a 20 Page replica Japanese Zine. $40

Oh hellllllll yes. 

Also, every time I see a new post in the Mondo thread, my heart skips just a bit in hopes that it's a That Thing You Do! update...but alas...😪

Something I've always wondered about...Mondo does two colors for a release (color and regular black)...both go up at same time...ordering page says "Limit 1 vinyl per person, household, etc.". 

What does that mean? I can only order one of the two colors? Or can I order both the color AND the black?

35 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Something I've always wondered about...Mondo does two colors for a release (color and regular black)...both go up at same time...ordering page says "Limit 1 vinyl per person, household, etc.". 

What does that mean? I can only order one of the two colors? Or can I order both the color AND the black?

It looks like they let you add one of each to the cart. Hopefully if someone checks out that way they are cool with it.

I'm glad to have cool packaging with the Singles soundtrack. I passed on the Newbury variant years ago so I've just had a regular copy for a while. I'm a sucker for anything Paul Westerberg, so I bought this even though I already have a copy.

17 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I ordered the two colors of Singles in two separate orders.

Even if the “1 per person / household” rule applied to buying multiple variants, would this actually circumvent it?  Or did you try sending one to your work address, one to a family member’s address, one to a friend’s place, etc.?

They replied that they can't combine orders but they can cancel the two orders and I can start fresh and order the two together. 

Update: They cancelled & refunded the two orders and I was able to re-order both under one order. Thankfully they were still available.

Pearl Jam High Five!!!

GIF by Pearl Jam