The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would've guessed you'd like unboxing videos since you never get to see your Mondo stuff since it goes straight to ebay.  

I'm super confused right now

Had to get a photo of them all together before they went out to mail boxes.

Dangerous speculation: The language around a repress makes it seem like initial quantity and a possible repress is/was essentially contingent on licensing.

At any rate, I missed out on it myself but I was reminiscing about getting my OG copy. Anyone else remember when Disney found some old boxes of the soundtrack and someone was actually on VC trying to answer questions? 

Edited by BuzzersonKillwell
11 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Dangerous speculation: The language around a repress makes it seem like initial quantity and a possible repress is/was essentially contingent on licensing.

At any rate, I missed out on it myself but I was reminiscing about getting my OG copy. Anyone else remember when Disney found some old boxes of the soundtrack and someone was actually on VC trying to answer questions? 

Very vaguely.  My copy is from one of those "found boxes", if I recall.  Feels like forever ago.

12 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

That's what I think, as well. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have done an immediate delayed pre-order like with The Last of Us?

1 hour ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

2014 i believe? pretty sure they found that box before the reprint. i managed to get one as well.

5 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Yes!  That’s how I got my OG!  Straight from the Disney.com store.  So crazy.

I just looked it up (I have a "receipts" folder in my email for most of my online purchases through the years) and I got the OG copy in August 2012 on eBay for $30 w/ free shipping. I was able to grab a red lightdisc at a local shop on RSD in 2011 as well.

I probably would've grabbed one of the Mondo reissues but forgot about the on-sale until it was too late. Oh well!

44 minutes ago, WolfGangnamStyle said:

Are Mondos drops always at 1PM EST? I'm not overly familiar with them but waiting on this Halloween Tiki Mug.

Vinyl drops are almost always Wednesdays at the same time (very occasional such as last weekends Last of US 2 drop they break with this). For posters and other collectibles times can vary

On 10/1/2020 at 10:02 AM, WolfGangnamStyle said:

Right, but the one they mentioned is a different variant. "The Shape" variant.

https://mondoshop.com/products/halloween-tiki-mug-the-shape-variant?pr_prod_strat=copurchase&pr_rec_pid=4804852449373&pr_ref_pid=4805413797981&pr_seq=uniform