The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, N8TRU said:

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/blogs/magazine/vinyl-me-please-ex-mondo-rob-jones-alan-hynes

Loved Mondo, don't love VMP. Huge bummer for me personally.

I'm interested to see how it goes. I've almost always received really good sounding records from VMP, while Mondo didn't have the best track record for that. So, I'm hoping that it'll be the good parts of Mondo (cool album art) with the good parts of VMP (pretty good sounding records). Unfortunately, both companies have always been pretty overpriced, so I expect that will continue. 

4 hours ago, Shelby said:

Any reasoning there? Cuz Mondo prices are not better nor do their records sound better.

I view VMP pricing as worse because it's usually records you can get elsewhere compared to Mondo getting licensing for unique soundtracks. I mostly buy video game soundtracks from Mondo which is why I liked them so much. 

On 7/7/2023 at 8:57 PM, achillesstand7 said:

I'm interested to see how it goes. I've almost always received really good sounding records from VMP, while Mondo didn't have the best track record for that. So, I'm hoping that it'll be the good parts of Mondo (cool album art) with the good parts of VMP (pretty good sounding records). Unfortunately, both companies have always been pretty overpriced, so I expect that will continue. 

This is so interesting to read because I’ve literally bought only 2 VMP releases in my life, and they were Mars Volta & Outkast. They both were not good. 

4 hours ago, derkwithano said:

This is so interesting to read because I’ve literally bought only 2 VMP releases in my life, and they were Mars Volta & Outkast. They both were not good. 

Haha, out of all of the records I’ve bought from them, I think those are the only 2 that have ever had any issues. But, they were super quick to send replacements and get everything corrected, so I’d say it was a positive from a customer service angle. Everything else has been good quality. They are definitely overpriced though. I don’t usually buy from them if it’s just a unique color of a new record that’s available everywhere else, because it’s usually more than $10 cheaper everywhere else. But I’ve bought a lot of their record of the month releases, and I’ve always been pretty impressed (though those are also overpriced).

On 7/8/2023 at 4:36 PM, RyanSmithers said:

Oh man…I really hope they finish the Mission Impossible series…I’ve got all 5 they’ve released so far with the box for the first 4.  New movie coming out too.  

ask and you shall receive apparently

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/mission-impossible-dead-reckoning-part-one-vinyl-on-sale-info?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign&utm_campaign=MI7 - Vinyl - Announce&_kx=QX_h6Fpf7Vb3LQrRsUkQfvBMT2OaY5I-mFGK45WJOYE%3D.xQnp3S

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, RyanSmithers said:

So, I loved the movie and thought the score was excellent in the film, I’m just not sure about listening to it away from the film…I hesitate…

Just went ahead and got it…I’ll regret it if it turns out I do love listening to it.  thanks @IndigoHollowfor the link to the orange as it has free shipping so came out to be about the same price…

• 4 weeks later...