The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

ETR's FB post:

Coming Soon: Mondo Music and Play-Tone, in collaboration with @sonymusic and @20thcenturystudios, are proud to present the first-ever vinyl release of the That Thing You Do! Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Package design by @moshafeek.
The Enjoy The Ride Records exclusive variant, Gold Record, will go on sale once it is in hand (NO PRE-ORDERS). There will be an email announcement sent the week of, as well as posts on our social media.

May be an image of ‎7 people, record player and ‎text that says '‎ENJOY THE RIDE RECORDS EXCLUSIVE "GOLD RECORD" EDITION with a BONUS Black 7" Single PLAYOTONE THATTING YOU DO! ÛTONE PYTONE Shrimp STAY INFORMED LIMITED TO 500 COPIES ۔gn Up EnjoyTheRideRecords.com For Our Mailing List at‎'‎‎

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

ETR's FB post:

Coming Soon: Mondo Music and Play-Tone, in collaboration with @sonymusic and @20thcenturystudios, are proud to present the first-ever vinyl release of the That Thing You Do! Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Package design by @moshafeek.
The Enjoy The Ride Records exclusive variant, Gold Record, will go on sale once it is in hand (NO PRE-ORDERS). There will be an email announcement sent the week of, as well as posts on our social media.

May be an image of ‎7 people, record player and ‎text that says '‎ENJOY THE RIDE RECORDS EXCLUSIVE "GOLD RECORD" EDITION with a BONUS Black 7" Single PLAYOTONE THATTING YOU DO! ÛTONE PYTONE Shrimp STAY INFORMED LIMITED TO 500 COPIES ۔gn Up EnjoyTheRideRecords.com For Our Mailing List at‎'‎‎

I bet their version has his friend’s band doing cover songs.

17 hours ago, Derekâ„¢ said:

I mean not really but whatever helps you feel better about those Clifford the Big Red Dog and Hey Arnold! OSTs.  Junk releases from a junk label run by a junk dude.

Why is he a junk dude? I’ll make some nostalgia purchases, but if he’s doing something scummy I’d like to know so I don’t support the label.

9 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

As someone who normally doesn’t give a shit about Mondo releases but has been waiting for TTYD! on vinyl for what feels like forever — is this going to be hard to come by in a retail setting? Like, do I *need* to preorder it or will it stay in print?

There's gonna be a retail version (assuming standard black) but no idea how long it will stay in print.