Kim Deal solo 7" singles series. ~Breeders reunite, Last Splash reissued~

Limited to 1000 via her website... http://kimdealmusic.com

and... The Breeders are reuniting. and... 4AD is reissuing Last Splash.

http://4ad.com/news/7/12/2012/lastsplashturns20thebreedersreuniteforshowsintheusandeurope

http://youtu.be/fxvkI9MTQw4

Does this come with a download?

Not that I know of. Those songs on soundcloud almost sound like vinyl rips to me.

I'm hooked on Walking With A Killer. I have listened to it like ten time today.

This was initially available only at ATP in the UK and I was terrified I was never going to get a copy. Then, Rough Trade UK tweeted they had a handful of copies and I snatched one up at $17. Then this website finally went live and I was a little miffed but I don't regret the $5 extra to secure a copy. Beyond excited it's a series and can't wait for the next one. Mine arrived a few days ago and I've spun the hell out of it.

Also, 'LSXX' is going to own 2013. The tour is going to be incredible. I saw the band in 2010 and Jo was a surprise fill in for Mando on bass because his girlfriend had just had a baby, and they did almost exclusively 'Last Splash' and 'Pod' material. (I think they only did "Huffer", "Bang On" and one other from 'Title TK' and 'Mountain Battles'.) It was *incredible*. (And I say that with 'Title TK' as being my favorite album either Kim Deal or Steve Albini have ever been involved in, but there's just something magical about 'Last Splash'.)

Also, Kelley has a new band called R. Ring and their debut 7" was released last fall. It's similarly glorious:

http://misrarecords.com/artists/r-ring/

There's also a 2-track tour-only CD single from the summer out there. I couldn't make the tour but Mike was kind enough to send one to me when I asked about it on Facebook. They may still have copies around if you ask nicely. Finally, there's a Daytrotter session from October that's available to download on the Daytrotter website.

2013 will be the year of the Deal sisters and I am loving it.

Guest deathbydrums

HELLO PRICY YET UTTERLY DELICIOUS VINYL!! Breeders' "Last Splash" was one of the many soundtracks to my youth, and it still rox. This new KD 7" sounds cool too. Figure I'll collect 'em all. Thanks so much for posting the link and samples!!! :D

Guest deathbydrums

^^^

AFTER it sold out, they put a message up saying "2 per order" but now that message is gone again?! Maybe they will cancel larger orders? or maybe they were going to then said f-it, too much work? Dunno, but hope people get another chance to grab this. Damn, just checked Rough Trade for you but they are gone now too. Will keep eyes peeled. Good luck!

It sold out that fast? I'm going to have to be quick with the next ones then too.

This is also the third place this one has been offered, after All Tomorrow's Parties and Rough Trade. The second one won't have that issue - I imagine, though I wouldn't be surprised if Rough Trade gets some - so it should be a little easier to get ahold of.

That said, order as soon as you get the e-mail about it because these obviously will go.