Kim Deal solo 7" singles series. ~Breeders reunite, Last Splash reissued~

It says "Limit 2 per customer", but how on earth can you add a second copy? Or do you have to place to seperate orders, paying shipping for each? I only want 1, but if international shipping is going to be the same for 2 then i may aswell. Any ideas as to how to purchase more than 1 copy?

Yeah, I don't know.  I know with the previous release, once you got to the paypal page, the format was a bit different, where you actually had the ability to change quantities.  Doesn't look to be the case here. 

Yeah, I don't know.  I know with the previous release, once you got to the paypal page, the format was a bit different, where you actually had the ability to change quantities.  Doesn't look to be the case here. 

Yeah it looks like you have to place 2 seperate orders and its $21 per 7"!! Mama mia! Fingers crossed some UK distros pick this up. I got the first one from Norman Records so they may get it. Cheers man.

So that first 7" wasn't limited to 1000 at all? We all jumped on it to find out the pressing was a total POS and they were planning a second batch all along? This is ridiculous.

Well, that basic no frills version is /1000. The regular version is probably /substantially more.

Guest realtalk

So that first 7" wasn't limited to 1000 at all? We all jumped on it to find out the pressing was a total POS and they were planning a second batch all along? This is ridiculous.

I agree that seems shady.

Guest realtalk

LOL, at calling the new pressing shady. There was obviously demand for it so why not? Plus, people that are really butt hurt about it can just sell their /1000 copy of the first version and get your money back and then some.

don't really care.  There were problems with parts of the first 7" pressing so they might've lost money and needed to recoup funds too.  They knew there would be more demand for this than 1000 from the beginning and they kinda did make it seem like it's 1000 and that's it.  But it's just like any other repress, surprise variant, alternate cover etc. and it's Kim Deal and just the way things are (which is great) so I reallly don't give a fuck.  But thanks for digging deeper to help clarify.

also, the butt hurt phrasing is tired and gross.  please stop.

I mostly feel bad for those people who bought the first 7" on ebay for way too much, thinking that it was the only way they were going to get it. That is probably why this second one is still available, also the flippers aren't scooping them up.

Also, "Walking With A Killer" was initially available at All Tomorrow's Parties and then had a portion of stock allocated to Rough Trade UK before the Kimdealmusic site went live, so there were (theoretically) fewer to be sold from that outlet, whereas "Hot Shot" appears to only be available here.

The picture sleeve edition is kind of annoying in that they could have at least either a] announced it as coming in the first place when there was obvious panic and scramble to get the white label version or b] mentioned this go round that they were pressing an "unlimited" version due to demand. They either took advantage of a situation or are taking care of fans, but without word you can't really be sure which.

Not that it ultimately matters because if you overpaid for it, you were willing to pay that cost to have it at that moment. Kim Deal is a pretty major artist, it was likely there was going to be someway to get your hands on the material at some point. Am I annoyed I paid almost $20 to import it from the UK only to have a $12 US option available a week or so later? Sure, but I wanted it and felt the cost was worth it.

Guest realtalk

I think what's "tired and gross" is people thinking another press of an in demand record is "shady."

Fine, potentially misleading.

You are really a pain in the ass.

Guest realtalk

Pretty funny to see a giant pain in the ass call someone else a pain in the ass.

That's what you just did and you're correct... it is hilarious! LOL at you.

I like the B side the most but feel like they could have fit a bit more music on each side. I knew that before I bought it so oh well.