Youth Lagoon-Wondrous Bughouse 3/5!

"Wondrous Bughouse, Powers' sophomore album (due March 5 worldwide via Fat Possum), was spawned from what he describes as "becoming more fascinated with the human psyche and where the spiritual meets the physical world."  During the time he wrote, Powers became intrigued with the metaphysical universe and blending those ideas with pop music.

Youth-Lagoon-Wondrous-Bughouse-e13573122

"Youth Lagoon is something so personal to me because writing music is how I sort my thoughts, as well as where I transfer my fears," explains Powers.  "My mental state is usually pretty sporadic... a lot of this record was influenced by a fear of mortality but embracing it at the same time.  Realizing that human life is only great because it is temporary.  Experimenting with ideas about dimensions.  I'm not a gifted spear, so explaining things is difficult for me.  But music always makes sense."

01. Through Mind and Back
02. Mute
03. Attic Doctor
04. The Bath
05. Pelican Man
06. Dropla
07. Sleep Paralysis
08. Third Dystopia
09. Raspberry Cane
10. Daisyphobia"

http://www.fatpossum.com/news/298

So excited! The Year of Hibernation has been my favorite album of the past couple years. I can't wait for the sophomore release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a copy of Year of Hibernation from Insound this week and the A-side sounds so bad. There's an assload of surface noise the whole side. And there's a scratch on the B-side that makes it pop for two of the songs. I emailed them on Wednesday but didn't hear anything back.

My friend's royal blue copy sounds almost live no problems what so ever! What color is yours?

This album is really super cool. Really psychedelic and layered

"this album"!? has it leaked?

• 2 weeks later...