My girlfriend and I will be in Chicago in April for a few days. Any recommendations on cool shit to do/good places to eat?

You should really go to navy pier and the Willis tower. I would check out some baseball too! I love the Chicago White Sox! Make sure you eat some DEEP DISH pizza and a killer dawg! Check out the second city theatre company too! So much fun!

what neighborhoods will you be in? Chicago is big. 

I'll be staying near Northwestern University, a little bit north of Millenium Park.

april 11th has enter shikari at the bottom lounge

Unfortunately I won't be there on the 11th, but I already have some shows lined up! Thanks anyways!

I'll be staying near Northwestern University, a little bit north of Millenium Park.

Unfortunately I won't be there on the 11th, but I already have some shows lined up! Thanks anyways!

places to eat/drink:

Guilt Bar

Three Dots and a Dash

Big Star

Piece Pizza

Places to go:

Reckless on Milwaukee Ave

Reckless on Broadway

Coffee from Intelligentsia

Architecture Boat Tour on the Chicago River

Avoid Navy Pier at all costs

John Hancock Signature room for the view (almost the same height as Sears Tower with a better view, but it is free to go up there, just buy a drink to get seated)

hope these suggestions help

places to eat/drink:

Guilt Bar

Three Dots and a Dash

Big Star

Piece Pizza

Places to go:

Reckless on Milwaukee Ave

Reckless on Broadway

Coffee from Intelligentsia

Architecture Boat Tour on the Chicago River

Avoid Navy Pier at all costs

John Hancock Signature room for the view (almost the same height as Sears Tower with a better view, but it is free to go up there, just buy a drink to get seated)

hope these suggestions help

This is exactly what I was looking for! I'll be sure to check some of these out! Thanks a bunch.

I second the Piece Pizza recommendation. Although it is in no way Chicago pizza. If you've never had Chicago style deep dish, there's a Gino's East basically on the downtown Northwestern campus on Superior Street. Lou Malnati's is my personal favorite for Chicago style; they have a handful of locations around the city. 

Also agreed on Reckless; probably the best record store in the city. There's also a downtown location a few blocks from Millennium Park, but it's much smaller. 

If you guys are into burgers (and metal), Kuma's is definitely worth checking out. There's two locations, but Kuma's Too on Diversey has much shorter wait times, generally. It's also easier to travel to. 

Revolution is probably the best brewery in the area. The brewpub is great to visit; the beer is top notch, with the drafts constantly rotating. The food is also fantastic. The only thing is the wait times are pretty atrocious at prime times. The best time to go (if you're trying to eat at least) would be on a weekday around 4:00 PM or a couple hours earlier on Saturday. It's also right off the Blue Line, which you should be pretty close to. 

http://revbrew.com/brewpub