There aren't really many hotel options outside of that area.

^ this.  I go to Chicago fairly frequently and basically always stay in the Loop/River North area because it's either that or ORD.

There are obviously exceptions here and there, but they usually seem to be lower end places and I'm not taking that particular gamble unless I know the area extremely well.

If anybody has alternative recommendations,  I would love to hear them.

solid suggestion GhostTrail

sidenote: as a born and raised chicagoan, I HATE DEEP DISH AND IT IS SEVERELY OVERRATED 

I get it like once a year as a special occasion. I really enjoy it, but it is expensive and makes you fat. Anyone else find that good thin crust outside of chicago is just as hard to find as deep dish. Everywhere that tries to do thin crust make it an artisan flat bread, or NY style which is floppy as hell, or they just do hand tossed. Crispy thin crust is choice. 

I get it like once a year as a special occasion. I really enjoy it, but it is expensive and makes you fat. Anyone else find that good thin crust outside of chicago is just as hard to find as deep dish. Everywhere that tries to do thin crust make it an artisan flat bread, or NY style which is floppy as hell, or they just do hand tossed. Crispy thin crust is choice. 

Where do you live? I've found a couple of really authentic NY style slices (and I'm from NYC). Jimmy's Pizza Cafe on Foster and Lincoln is the best by far

Where do you live? I've found a couple of really authentic NY style slices (and I'm from NYC). Jimmy's Pizza Cafe on Foster and Lincoln is the best by far

No no I dont want ny style. What I was saying is that normal thin crust pizza is rare outside of Chicago. (As stated a little bit ago I'm at north and western)

I'm a big fan of Dimo's pizza. 

Hawks game tonight, forgot about kind of like spitting show (damn it). How'd it go, mike?

Going to see awvfts on Thursday, and hopefully all of the following...hauschka the Thursday following, lightning bolt on the 19th, ice hockey and itto on the 24th. who's with me?

Also think we may have a gig on the 10th. More details if/when confirmed.

Record fair or swap at Empty Bottle tomorrow at noon. Should be fun, I'm going to go meet the 'fivebuckvinyl' people so they can have a name and a face to the person that keeps selling records through them. 

Also, my comedy show is on Wednesday and it's shaping up to be one of our best lineups to date. Come out if you can! https://www.facebook.com/events/864671456926319/ 

A great weekend for music in Chicago. Friday - Such Gold, Koji, Brigades and Tommy Boys at Fizz Bar & Grill. Saturday - Pity Sex, Whirr, Adventures, and The Weaks at Subt AND Self Defense Family and Makthaverskan at the Beat Kitchen. Sunday - Title Fight, La Dispute, and The Hotelier. Really wish I could attend both shows on Saturday. They do start approx. 2 hours apart...anyone going to attend all or any shows this weekend?

• 4 weeks later...