I raised the $$ for my new tv. Lets celebrate with a new Brand New-TDAGARIM raffle-$26PPD

youmightbewrong

Isn't 320 posts (301 when you started this thread, if I'm not mistaken) a little light be acting high and mighty? Did everyone that helped you get a new TV have over 200 posts as well? If you really cared who was getting this album maybe you would make sure they were a fan of the band instead of making sure they met your post quota.

Also, this isn't sour grapes my tour press will keep me plenty satisfied. Good luck to all people that entered who actually like the band. And to you sir, kindly climb down off your high horse. It doesn't look very good to act like a dick while you're trying to thank people for helping you out.

Isn't 320 posts (301 when you started this thread, if I'm not mistaken) a little light be acting high and mighty? Did everyone that helped you get a new TV have over 200 posts as well? If you really cared who was getting this album maybe you would make sure they were a fan of the band instead of making sure they met your post quota.

Also, this isn't sour grapes my tour press will keep me plenty satisfied. Good luck to all people that entered who actually like the band. And to you sir, kindly climb down off your high horse. It doesn't look very good to act like a dick while you're trying to thank people for helping you out.

I'm not acting high and mighty. I've been here since early 2010. My shit got deleted when the boards switched over. It's a safety precaution. When was I acting like a dick? Also, I'm a chick.

i'd say since she is the one who is selling her record for cheap she can make what rules she want. I dont think she was being a dick at all, she let me in and let it go to 41. Also could have probablly made an extra 300 bucks off the records shes been raffling but choose to do a good thing for the board members

My bad, aside from the sir its completely gender neutral. I'm well aware "chicks" can be dicks as well. 

A safety precaution from what? You're giving them a chance to buy something from you. If you don't get the payment within 24 hours pick another person. And if you're worried about some guy with forty-something posts eventually claiming he paid his $30 and never receiving his album, who do you think the rest of the forum would side with? I really see no opportunity for you to get screwed here. 

Post counts should have little to no bearing on anything that happens on this forum aside from maybe becoming a mod. You can spot a sketchy person pretty easily even on the internet.

i'd say since she is the one who is selling her record for cheap she can make what rules she want. I dont think she was being a dick at all, she let me in and let it go to 41. Also could have probablly made an extra 300 bucks off the records shes been raffling but choose to do a good thing for the board members

I feel bad that I had to go to the bay to sell off what I did, but my kids come first, and try having 4 kids (that's right 4) in a house with a tv that doesn't work. I did what I had to do. Thanks for understanding.

Yes, she gave one more person the chance to give her thirty more dollars. What a saint. I'm well aware how much this album goes for on eBay and appreciate the fact that she is willing to let it go for $30. And I can even understand wanting it to go to a valid, contributing, long-time member of the forums but in that case why not explain it a little bit more rather than coming across as a dick?

I think this is perfectly fair. It her record and her generosity and her decision on who gets to participate. It makes sense that anyone doing something like this would want people who are proven VC members to get this and not just someone who wants to flip. How do you suggest going about checking to see if you are truly a fan of the band? Should we go to your facebook page and check your likes? Should we see if you have ever responded to a thread stating you are interested in a raffle for one of these? Post count is a good determining factor IMO.