I raised the $$ for my new tv. Lets celebrate with a new Brand New-TDAGARIM raffle-$26PPD

youmightbewrong

My bad, aside from the sir its completely gender neutral. I'm well aware "chicks" can be dicks as well. 

A safety precaution from what? You're giving them a chance to buy something from you. If you don't get the payment within 24 hours pick another person. And if you're worried about some guy with forty-something posts eventually claiming he paid his $30 and never receiving his album, who do you think the rest of the forum would side with? I really see no opportunity for you to get screwed here. 

Post counts should have little to no bearing on anything that happens on this forum aside from maybe becoming a mod. You can spot a sketchy person pretty easily even on the internet.

The first time around it was 75 posts, and it was pure chaos. To each his own. I'm not much of an arguer, so I'm just leaving this as a disagreement that really doesn't matter at this point. Whats done is done. I don't see anyone on that list that I don't know it to be true that haven't stated time and again how much they want this record, so in the end it is all working out.

I feel bad that I had to go to the bay to sell off what I did, but my kids come first, and try having 4 kids (that's right 4) in a house with a tv that doesn't work. I did what I had to do. Thanks for understanding.

Okay see if you put any of that in the original post it would have made it all a little less dick-ish. It still doesn't really explain why you wouldn't open up your appreciation to every member of the forum though. And really what you just said holds no bearing over any of my comments. I'm not condemning what you did or why you did it. Just that the post quota for this raffle seemed shitty to me.

I think this is perfectly fair. It her record and her generosity and her decision on who gets to participate. It makes sense that anyone doing something like this would want people who are proven VC members to get this and not just someone who wants to flip. How do you suggest going about checking to see if you are truly a fan of the band? Should we go to your facebook page and check your likes? Should we see if you have ever responded to a thread stating you are interested in a raffle for one of these? Post count is a good determining factor IMO.

Post count somehow determines whether or not you'd flip a record? I can tell you right now there are a ton of people on here who don't like brand new and would do just that, and if you think that there aren't you're kidding yourself. If she thinks the people on this list are solid members that's awesome, but don't kid yourself.

FUCK IT. 26PPD. I'm pretty sure that is what I paid after merch directs shitty shipping cost. Is it fair yet? I'm not making one cent here.

You really are missing what I'm saying. I don't think you should let an album this good or this important to you go without making it worth while for you even a little bit.

why are you in here again? a forum member wanting to share the wealth with other forum members who participate in the forum OMG PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES

She still hasn't said that. Her original reason for putting a quota of 200 posts on this raffle was "It's a safety precaution...".

She still hasn't said that. Her original reason for putting a quota of 200 posts on this raffle was "It's a safety precaution...".

Dude, what is your damage? It's a safety precaution to assure an active board member that has been wanting this record gets a chance to get their hands on it. Not a safety precaution in the sense that you are using it. I'm not the first, and I won't be the last to make post count a determining factor in whatever the subject may be. It is what it is. I don't have some crazy, hidden agenda. Geez.

Dude, what is your damage? It's a safety precaution to assure an active board member that has been wanting this record gets a chance to get their hands on it. Not a safety precaution in the sense that you are using it. I'm not the first, and I won't be the last to make post count a determining factor in whatever the subject may be. It is what it is. I don't have some crazy, hidden agenda. Geez.

And I'm really not trying to out some crazy agenda. In fact I no longer want to continue to talk about it with you. But if other schmucks are going to try and say stuff that isn't true I don't mind pointing that out. 

Also, don't sell this record for any less than you originally listed the raffle at. That was not at all my intention.