Post your own mockups for fun!

I really don't understand why this became such a big argument. A favorite writer/singer/band is all an opinion. If Relient K is my favorite band and Matt is favorite lyricist I don't think anyone should have a problem with that. If you don't think the same thing, that's fine. I'm not going to try and tell you you're wrong, because once again it's an opinion. I really don't want to argue about Relient K sucking or not, this whole thing started because some people agreed that they would buy one of their albums if it was pressed. 

Can we try to get this thread back on topic? Cause I really did enjoy looking at all these mockups.

Relient K is a fun band that makes fun music. Stop trying to overanalyze it and stop acting like your music tastes are better than everyone else's. Also, you couldn't use a better word than "gay?" Come on, you're better than that. You always are cool to everyone on this board, don't stop now.

that's the thing- since 2004 i haven't been able to come up with a better word than gay for them. i'm not proud of it. 

occasionally, i give people shit. it's nothing new. i tell them they like something shitty, and it's forgotten the next day. it'll probably happen again next month when i'm drunk and someone starts lauding mumford and sons.

ITT: Ry Bread gets weirdly homophobic because he doesn't like a pop-punk band.

Relient K are a lot better than a lot of people give them credit for. "Faking My Own Suicide" is heartbreaking. And I legitimately really, really enjoyed their last album, "Forget And Not Slow Down."

that's the thing- since 2004 i haven't been able to come up with a better word than gay for them. i'm not proud of it.

occasionally, i give people shit. it's nothing new. i tell them they like something shitty, and it's forgotten the next day. it'll probably happen again next month when i'm drunk and someone starts lauding mumford and sons.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Mumford & Sons.

pardon me for not knowing how else to put it, but they have some of the gayest music i've ever heard. they suck like teddy geiger, and people act like they rock like rush.

Um, as a legit homo, I can assure you that Relient K is not the gayest music.  Think Robyn. 

Also, they aren't nearly as gay as Richard Marx.  Just saying.

So much pop punk in this thread. A little overwhelming.

Pretty much this.  I'm not here to piss on anyone's parade, but I feel like 90% of the mockups posted are pure teen-flashbacks.  Back when my tastes were as generic as they were limited.  I know that sounds condescending, but it's the truth -- there's a good reason a number of these haven't been pressed.

That being said, most (if not all) look great.  So keep up the good work, guys.  I'd just like to see more releases that fall outside of the "oh, I'd buy that because I loved that album as a freshman" threshold.