Post your own mockups for fun!

13 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

I wish I could contribute to this board more since I'm mocking up release ideas for SlyVinyl all the time, but usually those are "confidential" and often they are used just to act as a reference for the press plant when ordering a pressing. 
 HOWEVER! I thought I could show some Expectation vs. Reality type posts and show you how some mock ups have resulted in actual products...
I will say, the actual records have so far ALWAYS come out looking cooler than any mock up I could manage... 

Dang dude, this is awesome. Thanks for sharing! I always wondered whether vinyl mockups were something a plant sends as like a, "Hey is this what you want," or what a label sends as an example of what they want. It helps explain why received vinyl is sometimes wildly different than a mockup. Whichever plant you're using is definitely on their game.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some more SlyVinyl Expectations vs. Reality for our newest release!

SVR11 - Hazy Mountains - Small Hours [Standard Edition] - Random Colored Variant
[Mock Up - Top | Product - Bottom]

eOf0K4p.jpg

SVR11 - Hazy Mountains - Small Hours [Deluxe Edition] - Wax Mage Variant w/ Screen Printed Jacket
[Mock Up - Top | Product - Bottom]
PPEG4j8.jpg

Edited by EHughes527

• 6 months later...

Not so much a fake mockup, but my OG Groundislava LP came without a paper jacket so I made some new sleeves out of blank jackets and some dextrous X-acto knife work. I have a Maps & Atlases, and a few other LPs that also came in plastic originally - which I hate that so much - so I'll probably do the same for those (apologies for the low quality image, my apt has shit lighting).

yuL3vvw.jpg

Edited by bluethumb

• 6 months later...
On 8/21/2017 at 12:43 AM, MyckelJay said:

I'm not sure how I've never seen this thread before. I've just been sharing these in the "Albums That Should Be Pressed On Vinyl" thread. Anyways, here ya go:

2nbd1jr.jpg

2802lhy.jpg

2m2z2w4.jpg

2v34sr5.jpg

2qxyefd.jpg

2vjubfa.jpg

4q38kz.jpg

3142rrr.jpg

vshvya.jpg

How do you create the patterns  on the vinyl design? I've figured out the colors, but not adding swirls/splatters/etc

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 10:42 AM, MichaelJames said:

How do you create the patterns  on the vinyl design? I've figured out the colors, but not adding swirls/splatters/etc

Aside from three of these, all of these records actually exist. I just take pictures of the records from my collection and change the labels. For the other three, I searched up a pattern that I like, cut it into a circle, changed the lighting and threw some filters on. I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to creating patterns, so I sort up just cut and paste. I usually make my pictures on my phone, but the last one I posted (Conditions) I made on InDesign. 

• 1 month later...