Post your own mockups for fun!

just use your imagination to make this somehow work.medina.jpg

i'm not the only one who sees a woman wearing a black v-neck and holding her breasts where the birds are... right?!

Hey, I really really love this idea, and it'd be really nice if someone explained how I could do something like this using Gimp or paint or whatever. Thank you!

OK, so what I do first is find a good sized photo of the album artwork (500x500 or higher is best!). I blow up the photo big and lower the opacity on it to make a good looking background. I then paste another photo of the album artwork to the program and make it smaller. I find a record from another release that already has something similar to what I want or google what i'm looking for i.e. "yellow vinyl record". I make the record the size of the album artwork and bury it behind it a little bit to create the record going into the jacket effect. After all that I cut a circle out of the album artwork and paste it over the label on the record and a small hole in the center. For effect/professionalism I add a backrop shadow and done!

this thread tells me people want splatter vinyl, i was under the impression that splatter wasn't good.  i'm cornfused.

i have one splattered record, and it's one of my favorites (syg mutiny). i want so many more. all the splatters i see have the most interesting color combinations too. problem is, they never feature music that i like.

i have one splattered record, and it's one of my favorites (syg mutiny). i want so many more. all the splatters i see have the most interesting color combinations too. problem is, they never feature music that i like.

one of my favorite record I own is The Appleseed Cast's "Two Conversations" that graveface put out... It looks great (clear with highlighter yellow, black, and white splatter) and sounds great.

splatter, mix, swirl. if you're going to do a solid color (opaque or translucent), don't even bother unless it goes beyond what you'd find in a crayola 8 pack. just do black.

I know this is primarily for records that have yet to receive a pressing, but I really wish Explosions in the Sky's first record, How Strange, Innocence, would be pressed again. I think the record was only out of 300, and I have yet to see one on sale, even on eBay.

I would buy that in a second. I would love if they used the CD art. Only album from them I can get through. I always forget that I actually like that album. I am going to listen now.

I decided to try to do my ideas on my own and this is what I came up with (Warning extremely tacky photos approaching).

tumblr_mgi9uqCKod1qbbalao1_1280.jpg

Helvetia - The Acrobats (on frosted clear vinyl with green haze)

tumblr_mgi9uqCKod1qbbalao2_500.jpg

French Kicks - Swimming (white vinyl with blue, red, and yellow streaks)

The picture of the vinyl in this mockup was apparently taken with a cell phone but it was the best that I could find. It was originally a Converge record and was clear with "shards".

Would love to own that Helvetia but too bad John from Static Cult is a lazy ass. I mean that in an endearing way. I just can't see him ever spending his time on that. It would be cool if Joyful Noise picked it up.