Post your own mockups for fun!

GET OVER IT. YOUR FAVORITE EMO RECORD WON'T GET PRESSED. IF FOR SOME REASON IT DOES IT'S CAUSE SOME RJ IS SMOKING A CIGAR AND REFRESHING HIS PAYPAL ACCOUNT. 

VINYL IS ONLY GOOD WHEN SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING. NOT WHEN YOU'RE SPLITTING YOUR SHRINK WRAP TO VERIFY THE COLOR OF YOUR RECORDS.

FUCK.

/drunk post

tumblr_mdjwi4bZLK1qb0mc8o1_400.jpg

Just realized that until the drunk rant, this thread was progressing rather smoothly

no. It's fucking weird. I'm all about getting my favorite records on vinyl and I'm happy to say that the four records I've pressed are the best sounding versions of themselves available. And yes, when a record is pressed that means a lot to me, like many of you, I buy each variant for no other reason than "because I can and I might regret not doing it later". But I'm not gonna sit here and dream about splatters of records some douche bag may someday press because he is convinced he is owed something by the music industry. (CAUSE HE SAW DRIVE THRU BANDS WHEN HE WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL AND HAS THE STUBS TO PROVE IT).

Believe me, the fact that not every record you listened to in high school isn't available is a good thing. Once someone figures our uoull pay for it, you'll spend $70 on a preorder pack, then wait for 8 weeks of delays to realize it was shit anyway. But you'll have to convince yourself it was amazing and no one else "gets it" and just ride that nostalgia train to nowhere.

There's just too much horrible sounding shit pressed these days by people who don't know what they're doing and it bums me out.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying/collecting colored vinyl. This was not a rant against that. I support collecting to the fullest. I'm just sick of people complaining about "not enough copies existing of this record" or "not liking this color record". Tons of people here are guilty of complaining about not having a certain record and have ten brand new Variants or some shit they can trade.

As much as I prefer vinyl, CDs really don't sound that bad. You can't complain about the price of a limited record and then complain about a repress of another record because the value of your copy is going down.

Blaggghhh

Good morning. I just re-read my rant, and I gotta say, not bad for being 7 beers and a few shots deep on three hours of sleep, while typing on my phone. I stand by most of it, but I should also say, the title of the thread says "just for fun" and who am I to stand in the way of people's fun? Also, it kinda contradicts what I've always stood for, which is: anything that promotes the format is good in my book. I just hate shitty vinyl that is pressed because it's pretty. I love nice physical packages, but when the vinyl sounds like shit, it's a real bummer. (and this, i think, is nto what the thread was about at all, so i'm not sure how i jumped to that last night)

carry on...