Attn: My Hardcore Brethren

My Violent Reaction came today, anyone else jam it yet?

Mine as well. Got to listen to most of it, not too bad.

on an unrelated note. i posted that i have DL codes for the Sweet Jesus 7" and Fell to Low SOM 7" in the DL thread with no takers. I still have them. someone should pick these up. PM me.

i was in philly last year during this is hardcore and was talking to some kids who were going to the show(s).  i was in town for nick cave.  none of them knew who that was and they were upset i wasnt familiar with alot of the "buzzing hardcore bands" right now.  i told them if i would have gone i would have gone to see the old school hardcore bands as well as converge who are one of my favorite bands ever.  they scoffed at that. the one kid thought it was really awesome that one of the bands throw weapons into the audience and its dangerous to see. i guess that is what hardcore is now.  no thanks.

in relation to this years its a pretty solid line up.  that chokehold reunion is fucking awesome. 

these dues are playing their first show later this month.  didnt realize this demo was out. pittsbugh hardcore representing nicely. 

SICK! If you're going and they got a tape or something, would you mind nabbing one for me?

Maybe it is getting old and jaded in the HxC game...but looking at this TIHC line-up and I only care about maybe 8 bands...and they're all considered "old school". 

Don't get me wrong. I love HxC. Always have. Grew up on it and witnessed some great bands in my time and even to this day...but damn, so many of this new crop of bands are just copping and recycling old sounds and doing nothing new and fresh. If I want to hear chugga-chugga riffs in today's scene, I'll just go listen to some Culture records. Thanks. 

I didn't hate the lineup of TIHC; in fact, I would love the chance to see American Nightmare, Snapcase, Nails, and H20.  I just don't like fests, I'm not into the idea of having to travel and get a hotel and whatnot, just to watch short sets from bands I like.  This is definitely due to me getting old. 

I felt super old at a Turnstile show the other night, standing by the bar instead of trying to get as close as possible, like when I was in my twenties.