Attn: My Hardcore Brethren

The problem with TIHC for me is that there are about half a dozen bands I'd love to check out without question, however they're spread out over 4 days.  It's going to probably cost me $20-25 a day to park plus a $5 dollar bridge toll.  Financially it just doesn't work out to be worth my while.  I think I'll probably go on Friday to check out AN but that's about it.

I didn't hate the lineup of TIHC; in fact, I would love the chance to see American Nightmare, Snapcase, Nails, and H20.  I just don't like fests, I'm not into the idea of having to travel and get a hotel and whatnot, just to watch short sets from bands I like.  This is definitely due to me getting old. 

I felt super old at a Turnstile show the other night, standing by the bar instead of trying to get as close as possible, like when I was in my twenties. 

I see your point, but for me, it's the exact opposite.  And I also attribute that to getting old.

I have to drive about an hour to Pensacola for the closest punk/hardcore shows, and even then bands only roll through there every so often.  So for me to see a show I really have to make a night out of it, cross my fingers that I don't have to work (or take the day off if it's really worth it), clear the rest of my schedule and cancel whatever my daily routine called for, then drive an hour to see a couple bands, get home late, then wake up early the next day and go to work.  It's pretty hard for me to talk myself into doing that.

TIHC announces the festival dates nearly a year in advance.  I request that week off from work as early as possible, and plan around it.  I take about a week off, go to one of my favorite cities, see a bunch of friends, watch a ton of my favorite bands over 4 days, and see a bunch of new bands.  This year I even get to see a Misfits cover band!  I always have a blast, and by the time the weekend is over, I'm pretty much good on shows until next year, save for the couple of shows that catch my eye throughout the year.

Sure thing. Not sure if i am going or not but if i do i will grab one if they have it. May be on a work night and a later show and im old and cant do those like i used to.

Right on and thanks!

• 1 month later...

Worst thing I thought about TIHC is that once you're in, you can't leave the venue. Don't know if that has changed now. WE only had 4 days in Philly and wanted to go out and see some things / whatever and this obviously stopped us & I missed some bands early on as we decided a gap between one band we wanted to see and the next band later on in the day was too much just to be sat around inside there spending $6 on a really small beers, so i missed some bands i was looking forward to.

TL;DR : Why don't they have pass outs, it's fucking stupid.

Worst thing I thought about TIHC is that once you're in, you can't leave the venue. Don't know if that has changed now. WE only had 4 days in Philly and wanted to go out and see some things / whatever and this obviously stopped us & I missed some bands early on as we decided a gap between one band we wanted to see and the next band later on in the day was too much just to be sat around inside there spending $6 on a really small beers, so i missed some bands i was looking forward to.

TL;DR : Why don't they have pass outs, it's fucking stupid.

if I remember correctly the only time there was no re entry was the first year it was at the electric factory. Back when it was at the old starlight ballroom you could come and go as you pleased.

Since then, enough people made a stink about it and you can now buy a re entry pass for like $10 a day or something. So now you can go look at the liberty bell and still come back for Power Trip...

This rules so much. NWHC with members of Champion, Betrayed, Go It Alone and every other good band from that area.

https://reactrecords.bandcamp.com/album/demo-15

I saw their first show in spring of 2014 and I've been waiting to hear recordings ever since.

This is good! Is there a physical release for the demo yet?

We have a couple new heavy releases.  We have tapes from No Restraint from FL and Down In It from Wilmington, NC. 

Next week we are releasing a 7" from Dead Mothers.  Heavy mountain punk hardcore.  Think Pig Destroyer, Cult Leader, and Primitive Man.  In fact, Ethan from Primitive Man did the artwork for the front and back cover.

• 1 month later...

I will there tonight (thank you, R5 show pass), the Power Trip after party show at KFN and possibly tomorrow. I cannot wait for Snapcase's set. I have been waiting for them to come back for years and now Joe doesn't have to hear my request them anymore. Chokehold is a pretty nice addition too.

What was the incident?

guitarist says "all lives matter" when talking about police brutality, probably not intended to be racist but it's pretty easy to see how it could be construed that way

someone from the crowd says that's racist/dismissive of police targeting black people, a reasonable criticism

guitarist punches them, definitely not a reasonable response

turns out they were trans, people start calling guitarist transphobic, also unreasonable, since the guitarist wasn't aware of it when he threw the punch