VC Fantasy Hockey League

13 hours ago, IanRees said:

League is set up, unless someone else already did it as well

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/vc-2018

password: vinyl

$10 buy in, winner take all

https://www.leaguesafe.com/join/3861812

Thanks for setting it up. I sent you my money via paypal again, because leaguesafr doesn’t like foreigners.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, IanRees said:

Does anyone have any proposed rule changes before the season starts?

I think we should change the amount of weekly adds. Right now its 8, i think it should be more like 5.

That’s a pretty big change. I’m okay with it but it does change strategy a bit. 

I am okay with 5, have to agree that 8 was a bit much. As for other changes, I get the "you are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league" message, so it is not all that easy to remember everything. Is disabling the consolation bracket an option?

Also, does anyone else think that +/- and PIMs are pretty useless categories? Maybe add PPGs and PPAs to focus more on the scoring aspect?

42 minutes ago, mesi said:

I am okay with 5, have to agree that 8 was a bit much. As for other changes, I get the "you are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league" message, so it is not all that easy to remember everything. Is disabling the consolation bracket an option?

Also, does anyone else think that +/- and PIMs are pretty useless categories? Maybe add PPGs and PPAs to focus more on the scoring aspect?

yes, can we replace PIMs please?  

2 hours ago, mesi said:

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like there is a way to remove the consolation bracket in yahoo.

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

yes, can we replace PIMs please?  

14 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

I like +\-  though. Makes it interesting with defensemen or adding good players from bad teams. But yeah PIMs are definitely the outlier. Could even replace with takeaways?

I agree that we should keep +/- but I'm fine w/ taking out PIMs . Unfortunately Yahoo is a little limited in the stats available so takeaways aren't available.

If we add PPG and PPA then I would take away PPP, seems redundent.

1 minute ago, IanRees said:

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like there is a way to remove the consolation bracket in yahoo.

I agree that we should keep +/- but I'm fine w/ taking out PIMs . Unfortunately Yahoo is a little limited in the stats available so takeaways aren't available.

If we add PPG and PPA then I would take away PPP, seems redundent.

Yeah, replacing PPP with PPG and PPA is what I meant.

2 hours ago, kylekrische said:

Also vote big time to get rid of PIMs. Im fine with the adds as well. My other league does 15 adds for the entire season to put more emphasis on the draft 

There is a option to do a limit of adds for a season but I think 15 is pretty drastic, you never know how bad injuries will hit a team.

I guess I'm of the opposing view on PIMs and +/-... I'd rather keep PIMs and eliminate +/- as it is more of a team stat than individual (fucking empty net goals) whereas PIM is an individual stat. Penalty minutes also creates strategy by choosing to target only offensive minded players who typically have low PIM or taking a goon (or two) who will not help your scoring stats. Either way, I'm sure I'll be outvoted, but just wanted to give my viewpoint to see if anyone else agreed.

19 hours ago, thechrisformat said:

I guess I'm of the opposing view on PIMs and +/-... I'd rather keep PIMs and eliminate +/- as it is more of a team stat than individual (fucking empty net goals) whereas PIM is an individual stat. Penalty minutes also creates strategy by choosing to target only offensive minded players who typically have low PIM or taking a goon (or two) who will not help your scoring stats. Either way, I'm sure I'll be outvoted, but just wanted to give my viewpoint to see if anyone else agreed.

I think if we go down to 5 adds a week,  I think we should get rid of PIMs. If I can only add and drop Borowiecki, Haley, and Roussel once in a while, I don't want to be stuck with them when I run out of adds...

1 hour ago, Sidney Crosley said:

I think if we go down to 5 adds a week,  I think we should get rid of PIMs. If I can only add and drop Borowiecki, Haley, and Roussel once in a while, I don't want to be stuck with them when I run out of adds...

That's exactly part of the strategy - do you want to use an add to focus on one category and potentially have them taking up a roster spot or use it on someone who will provide points... Ovi was a -30 or something a couple years ago, but he still went first round. There are few instances where +/- influences where guys are drafted and/or if they get picked up. I don't know, just my opinion. I think I punted the +/- category almost every week last year anyway. Haha.