VC Fantasy Hockey League

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, jacobraccuia said:

hi, question about this keeper leagues  ( i'm applying to my own leagues )

hypothetical:

if someone dropped an injured player in the last week, and I picked him up, would I be able to keep him? ( aka, get a connor mcdavid 14th round draft pick )

using McDavid as a example from last season, I drafted him in the 3rd round so if he was to be kept it would be as a 1st round pick. Regardless if he was dropped or not, the player retains their previous year draft round -2. Undrafted players I believe would be a 14th round pick. Mike can clarify this more though.

• 1 month later...

In for sure.

Can I suggest 75% 1st ($240 at 30 per) 17.5% ($90) for 2nd, $30 for 3rd? Not required, but I think it adds some stake to the bronze medal match to get your money back.

Also, there were some suggestions around goalie appearances. I'm somewhat indifferent but likely leaning towards multiple starts.

9 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

In for sure.

Can I suggest 75% 1st ($240 at 30 per) 17.5% ($90) for 2nd, $30 for 3rd? Not required, but I think it adds some stake to the bronze medal match to get your money back.

Also, there were some suggestions around goalie appearances. I'm somewhat indifferent but likely leaning towards multiple starts.

definitely in.  I need redemption.

I like this breakdown.

I'll handle the keepers list if were going to do that for this season.

On 7/27/2016 at 4:41 PM, ianmonsta said:

using McDavid as a example from last season, I drafted him in the 3rd round so if he was to be kept it would be as a 1st round pick. Regardless if he was dropped or not, the player retains their previous year draft round -2. Undrafted players I believe would be a 14th round pick. Mike can clarify this more though.

Ian got it right.  players you keep are based off where they were drafted last year minus 2 rounds.  So 1st/2nd round draft picks are always free agents.  How many players are we going to keep for this draft?

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

definitely in.  I need redemption.

I like this breakdown.

I'll handle the keepers list if were going to do that for this season.

Ian got it right.  players you keep are based off where they were drafted last year minus 2 rounds.  So 1st/2nd round draft picks are always free agents.  How many players are we going to keep for this draft?

I think we did 4 keepers last year.

3 hours ago, sirrichardrichard said:

Are people concerned about hoarding goalies? 

We can come up with "gentlemen's/ladies'" agreements if it can't be enforced via the app.

i dont think its ever been a problem, but the system wont allow you to not have a certain amount of skaters. so i think the max goalies is like 4

This is going to be in the email but  please go to this link and put in or out and if you know them who your keepers will be.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pNdyfqt-6dKn2un26Y_VjtjHNy0B2u8FpgNdVD48TLE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by ianmonsta