Bank transfer?

Let me start off by saying I've only ever sold one item on eBay. I used to try and stay away from it as much as possible. Some guy in Italy wants to buy two of the records I have for sale but he wants to transfer money into my bank account directly. At first I was obviously thinking "nah" but I googled it and found some boards saying it was the best form of payment and there was little to no risk. I just want your opinion on the matter. Have any of you sold an item and accepted a bank transfer as method of payment/has it worked out? What would you suggest?

in germany bank transfers arent covered by the ebay buyer protection, so you wouldnt have to worry about losing your money due to claims as a seller... thats at least one positive thing and it leaves the risk of the item getting lost in transit with the buyer.

again: in germany, might be different in the us?

Haha I didn't know! I mean my immediate reaction was hell no and I've definitely heard about Italy's reputation in regards to their mail system. I just wanted to make 100% sure from people who have had more experience with transactions like these. So thank you everyone. Love y'all.