PO: Frank Turner - Tape Deck Heart

The preorder for Frank Turner's new album "Tape Deck Heart" went up today here:

http://frank-turner.com/blog/2013/01/tape-deck-heart-new-album-ticket-pre-sale/

If you preorder you'll get early access to the presale of his UK-tour in April.

Tape Deck Heart will be released on April 22nd 2013 via Xtra Mile Records..

I do love FT as much as the next... but preorder in January for a record released in April! Understand that hes giving the opportunity to book advance tickets for shows with PO but it seems a little obsurd. Maybe its just me :/

It is not just you who thinks that. I'll wait until it is out to pick it up.

Has any of his albums sold out before release? I dont even think any of the limited versions that were pressed to 300 even sold out before the actual street date. I dont get the idea of a pre-order unless you know it is going to sell incredibly quick. Ill just wait to pick this up in a store when it comes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered... despite the fact that most of his new stuff doesn't make me sit up and scream "ME TOO!!! That's MY life, too!". The new stuff is, musically, very solid... much more so than his earlier stuff; it just doesn't get the same gutteral reaction from me, as with SIFTW and LI&S. Still stoked to hear this.

Ordered... despite the fact that most of his new stuff doesn't make me sit up and scream "ME TOO!!! That's MY life, too!". The new stuff is, musically, very solid... much more so than his earlier stuff; it just doesn't get the same gutteral reaction from me, as with SIFTW and LI&S. Still stoked to hear this.

Damn yeah. That's exactly how I feel.

Ordered... despite the fact that most of his new stuff doesn't make me sit up and scream "ME TOO!!! That's MY life, too!". The new stuff is, musically, very solid... much more so than his earlier stuff; it just doesn't get the same gutteral reaction from me, as with SIFTW and LI&S. Still stoked to hear this.

I sort of felt this way until i saw him live and before he played Peggy Sue Sang The Blues he talked about how it was about his grandmother and mine had passed pretty recently before that. After that i connected with that whole album pretty strong.