Does anybody get newspapers delivered to their apartments?

I'm thinking about doing a subscription to the Wall Street Journal because they have a deal where you can get the first 3 months for 26.99 which sounds like a great "try-out" for myself. I do however live in an apartment complex and was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the delivery service. I'd obviously like it to be right at my door in the morning, but I have seen newspapers lying around right outside the building which would suck (I live in a college students-only apartment complex). Anybody have any insight to this?

When I lived in a student apartment, they left them at the doorsteps of subscribers. Honestly, very few college students are interested in newspapers, and even fewer would go as far as to steal yours from your doorstep.

Yeah, I'd like them to deliver to my doorstep. I'm just hoping they wouldn't just throw it in front of the building (I live on the 2nd floor) because I can imagine somebody walking by and thinking, "FREE PAPER  :D ".

I had a newspaper subscription in my apartment complex and it was delivered to my door even though my building's secured (you need a key fob to go on the elevator, and to get from the parking structure where the elevator drops you off to inside the building where the apartments are). I'd think that if you include your apt number on your address when signing up they would have enough sense to drop it off at your door. Then again, common sense is other is not always a safe assumptions...

Also where do you go to school. I am just curious because I kind of doubt any other student is going to get pumped about reading a free Wall Street Journal.

University of Central Florida

I'm just thinking that if I'm interested in reading, there should be others... Right?  :unsure:

My lobby door is locked and has a buzzer so they leave all the papers in the lobby bagged with a name written on them. If you see them outside the building it is a safe bet they won't be making it to your door. Generally, they tend not to go the extra mile, or in this case, the extra 60 feet. 

My school had about 6 different locations on campus where they gave out free copies of the New York Times daily.  Before I had a tablet and stuff, it was nice getting to class 10-15 min early and catching up on newsage.

My school is doing the same thing. They even have a way that you can read it online for free too, which I thought was pretty neat since they don't always have them in the buildings I have class in.

I delivered newspaper for a few year a long time ago. Depending on the building we either had to leave the paper at assigned spot if there was a gate or the front entrance.

Maybe the build has a policy on where paper gets delivered. Either way after we left it at the assigned spot we had no responsibility on what happened with the paper

^ That was always a nice feature but since I did most of my core work the first 2 years here. I'm left doing Freshman courses at the age of 22 :P Would be great if I was single lol

"Hey, I'm 22 and work security at the night club..." Insta-bonezone lol

I ended up last year switching to the Economist (from WSJ) because it better suites my major and has more depth to it (IMO.)