warped records.

Forgive me if this is a dumb topic, but I've only just recently started to collect vinyl (I got my first record player for christmas this year) and I've already had the misfortune of accidentally warping one of my 7 inches - my 2nd pressing of The World is a Beautiful Place...'s Formlessness EP. I already ordered another copy of if from Topshelf (4th pressing this time), so I'm not too worried about it, but I would like to get my original one back to a playable state if possible. I've googled around and learned about "sandwiching" the record and putting it in the oven/sun baking it and what not, but I was mostly just wondering if anyone here has had any personal experience in un-warping records, and if it's worth trying to fix?

There should be a beginner or recently joined forum where people could ask questions that have been asked 1000 times.. Then all these threads could be moved there, and hopefully those people could avoid being hated from the get go.

There should be a beginner or recently joined forum where people could ask questions that have been asked 1000 times.. Then all these threads could be moved there, and hopefully those people could avoid being hated from the get go.

Good idea, but too many forums is confusing for new posters.

How about a stickied:

NEW TO VINYL faq thread.

1. How to clean your records

2. How to fix a warped record

3. What does PO mean?

etc.

It's not an exact science. If it's worth the effort to try, do it. Since you're getting another playable copy, you actually still have the 2nd pressing of it in your collection. Why risk it?

I dunno, i just think it'd be fun to try, and since the record is already unplayable i might as well try it. the worst that could happen is that it continues to be unplayable, right?

I want to know this too. Just curious...

my records were being propped against the wall in the corner of my room, and I discovered a weird heat leak coming from that corner one day - there were no vents near by or other signs that would have otherwise tipped me off. I promptly relocated them to a safer location, but not before the record that was closest to the wall got damaged. :/

I still don't have a box or proper place for them though.