BUILT TO SPILL

I noticed that in the last few months the 'Keep It Like A Secret' 2xLP on Warner Bros. has turned up A LOT! It went from being an overpriced eBay item to a common record store find. I'm not sure if this was repressed recently or if there was a batch from the original 2,000 that was held back?

Thoughts??

The repress was back in 2007 and was only 2,000 copies. I saw them on tour twice last year and they didn't even carry any stating they were 'long gone.' I saw them going for $50+ on eBay. Not a single shop could get their hands on it. I had Saddle Creek working hard to snag a copy and it wasn't until a few months ago (after over a year of having this order hounded) that they were able to get a copy. Coincidentally the same exact time they started popping up Sealed and Cheap!! It's great news, ofc. But it definitely wasn't readily available for quite some time. Really odd.

Because Up/CZ own those. And I am pretty sure these were repressed again recently. There was a point about six months ago where PFNO was hard to find and now it is available again.

I would kill for UAW to get pressed. So glad to have a copy of There's Nothing Wrong With Love. I just need Ancient Melodies but always space when I have the cash. Just need that and a couple more 7"s to have their complete discography, minus variants and first pressings which I don't care about.

ancient melodies and nothing wrong with love are such gaping holes in my collection.

caustic resin never got printed, did it? because that's the one i'd kill for.

i should have gone to discogs before posting that. looks like i'll be purchasing after my next check!

Twice. Two different covers. And as for their whole discog, it is on vinyl.

Didn't see you were referring to Ancient Melodies. Fuck that needs to get repressed but I don't know if Up have the rights for it to be pressed instead of Warner Bros. They probably don't give a shit.

I got mine for $15 a year or two ago. I went up to Seattle in July and found TNWL, Ancient Melodies and the Caustic Resin collab. I didn't have much cash but got TNWL and my friend got the collab. Wish I had the cash for Ancient Melodies but was broke and already almost didn't make it home as it was.

I have a supposed master DAT of PFNO that I am going to bug Doug about if I am able to talk to him when I see them. I got it for like $30 and if it is legit, it is easily my most prized possession.

Doug said he wasn't in a hurry and it won't be til 2014

Yeah, I remember reading that interview but can't help but feel like they are prepping for it with new members and all. 2014 would be a good bet though.

As for prices, Caustic Resin was $25, TNWL was like $65 (70ish after tax, used to getting records in Oregon. No tax), and Ancient Melodies was like 50. The hotel I was staying at had hidden charges so I was broke as fuck but it was worth it. TNWL was opened but still in shrink and appeared to be played minimally.

I got Ancient Melodies for 20 dollars at Park Ave in Orlando about 4 months ago, sealed. I'm pretty sure it was a repress, i could be wrong.

That is awesome. I need to pick up a copy of that soon so I can feel complete.

I'd love for pretty much all of Up Record's out of print stuff to be repressed. Sucks that Chris passed away and Up have been on the fritz. First two Modest Mouse albums, anyone? Building Nothing Out Of Something would be saucy as well.

Those first 2 Modest Mouse albums... ya, serious hole in the majority of collections out there! I'm really hoping Isaac Brock gets those pressed on his label. That'd be phenomenal. I do remember hearing that there was something like the original masters for Lonesome Crowded West missing or something? Not sure exactly what the real truth is.

I believe I heard it here: http://pitchfork.com/tv/pitchfork-classic/1912-modest-mouse-the-lonesome-crowded-west/3115-entire-film/ if you haven't seen this documentary... YOU NEED TO!

Oh, and how about that Built to Spill LIVE record?!?! :D

That documentary is pretty good. Yeah, masters are supposedly lost of LCW and in that case, I would buy it on vinyl purely for the art and stuff. I prefer Long Drive anyway so I wish he would just press that in the meantime. The Fruit That Ate Itself and Sad Sappy Sucker presses on Glacial Pace are phenominal.

Fuck yeah about Live. I always forget that it is on vinyl. Daaamn, another thing I will be buying soon. I love the Love As Laughter cover on there.