BUILT TO SPILL

Can't wait to get this reissue.. I will be able to listen to it a lot more than I do my yellow press on city slang.. I never thought it would get a repress when I originally tracked it down.

When I ordered the repress, I also got dougs solo album that sub pop must've found a crate of, coz it was available in their shop and I never heard of a re-press happening. Thought it had been oop for a fair while?

Let's get back to talking about the best band ever.

Can't wait to get this reissue.. I will be able to listen to it a lot more than I do my yellow press on city slang.. I never thought it would get a repress when I originally tracked it down.

When I ordered the repress, I also got dougs solo album that sub pop must've found a crate of, coz it was available in their shop and I never heard of a re-press happening. Thought it had been oop for a fair while?

Was it? I always see it at record stores and online. Got TNWWL yesterday and it warmed my heart to see those Up! labels on a record in 2015. Probably going to do a side by side with thw original within the next few weeks.

Stupid fucking generic band posts.

Seriously. I have gone off about this in other threads and this surely won't be the last time I get grumpy about it. I usually avoid this thread and would have missed it too but luckily accidentally clicked in here one day. I'm not sure who began to think generic threads were a good idea but that person is mistaken and should be ashamed.

I don't know what kind of stores you guys are going to, but in my area you'll see literally dozens of records opened this way to check the color in every category, especially soundtracks. Hell, the main store I frequent has a special tool specifically to open and check record color. They encourage it, since they honor returns if you purchased the wrong variant - allowing customers to check first minimizes returns processed when someone realizes they didn't get what they thought they were buying. People frequently bring records to the counter to be opened so the color can be verified.

I've also seen Newbury Comics managers encourage it - they do their best to verify the color of every press on the sticker outside of the packaging, and if they can't, they'll often open the shrink wrap on the side, verify the color, and seal the record in an outer layer of plastic with a new sticker on it that details the color.

Record collecting in 2015, guys.

Now that all the bickering seems to have mellowed out, I have some good news...

My copy came in today and is sounds GREAT.

I heard awesome things about the Ugly Cassanova reissue too, it sounds like Sub Pop did both of these records right.

Maybe post some pictures if you get around to it? I'm anxious to see what it looks like!

I heard awesome things about the Ugly Cassanova reissue too, it sounds like Sub Pop did both of these records right.

Maybe post some pictures if you get around to it? I'm anxious to see what it looks like!

I will post a pic when I get home from work presuming somebody doesn't beat me to it.  The album color is closer to an Easter yellow (with cream white swirls).  As to the Ugly Casanova pressing:  it is stunning.   One of the best sounding records I own and every aspect of the packaging was handled with the upmost care.

FUCK.  I can't believe I missed the preorder on this.  Stupid fucking generic band posts.

Seriously. I have gone off about this in other threads and this surely won't be the last time I get grumpy about it. I usually avoid this thread and would have missed it too but luckily accidentally clicked in here one day. I'm not sure who began to think generic threads were a good idea but that person is mistaken and should be ashamed.

I understand the sentiment of these posts, but whenever I see a generic band thread hit the front page it's always worth checking for important news if it's a band I'm in to. Sorry you missed the rare variant, but you can still pick up black vinyl. It's back in print, and that's all that really matters right? RIGHT?

I got my copies of TNWWL and Sharpen Your Teeth in yesterday and they do indeed both sound great.  The TNWWL is a lemon-creme vinyl - if you will and has a circular sticker in the upper right hand corner that says "Colored Vinyl Back In Print" so it should be really easy to tell which version you have to avaoid the opening scandal i just read about a few pages back - ha ha.  The inner sleeve is a thin cardboard - brownish red color (solid - no hole in the middle) with no markings (og pressing was just a plain white sleeve with the center hole). No Insert except download card.  I LOVE the UP Records labels like others have talked about - so damn cool.

The Ugly Casanova packaging is gatefold - with plastic inner sleeves - marbled grayish vinyl on the first LP, marbled whitish vinyl on 2nd lp - i am not doing these color descriptions any justice - just do a hashtag search on instagram search with either band name and you can see. I love having the bonus tracks as my 7" records with those songs are long gone.  It has a small two sided insert with lyrics and art - credits are on the inner gatefold portion.

I saw BTS in KC a couple of weeks back and they were of course the best - the song 'DONE' sounded absolutely incredible live.  I was speaking with Doug after the show and asked about the TNWWL pressing - he had no idea there was a creme version and said he wasn't consulted really on it but had his blessing.  He wasn't bummed - actually sounded happy about it as he knew people were paying ridiculous prices for og copies and said that Sub Pop did actually have the original masters.  He is always really nice as I'm sure most of you know.

I'm happy to put my OG copy to rest in my collection and just play this one and maybe buy a backup copy - ha ha.