PO: Sound City: Real To Reel

I'm not sure if anyone here is interested in this, but I saw Amazon has Dave Grohl's Sound City Soundtrack up for preorder on vinyl.  I searched Google for any 'official' links and nothing came up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B04KVMC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=modernvinylco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00B04KVMC

Just got back from seeing this doc. If you get a chance to see it, DO IT!!! It's fantastic. Very well-done and going over the history of the Sound City Studios, it's crazy how many great and classic albums were recorded there. So many great musicians went through those doors and the passion for music that each and every one of them have it's pretty moving. 

Just got back from seeing this doc. If you get a chance to see it, DO IT!!! It's fantastic. Very well-done and going over the history of the Sound City Studios, it's crazy how many great and classic albums were recorded there. So many great musicians went through those doors and the passion for music that each and every one of them have it's pretty moving. 

I don't think I could possibly agree more with a quote.  Such a great film.  I was wondering if it would be worth it to drive an hour to see it one day early but I would like to think that it was.

http://buy.soundcitymovie.com/ for those who want to purchase it.

Couldn't agree more. I just got back from the Seattle premiere and it was even better than I thought it would be. Any rock music fan from any era should enjoy this documentary immensely.

• 2 weeks later...

What a tasty tracklisting:

1. Heaven And All- Robert Levon Been, Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes
2. Time Slowing Down- Chris Goss, Tim Commerford, Dave Grohl, Brad Wilk
3. You Can't Fix This- Stevie Nicks, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Rami Jaffee
4. The Man That Never Was- Rick Springfield, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear
5. Your Wife Is Calling- Lee Ving, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Alain Johannes, Pat Smear
6. From Can To Can't- Corey Taylor, Dave Grohl, Rick Nielsen, Scott Reeder
7. Centipede- Joshua Homme, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, , Alain Johannes
8. A Trick With No Sleeve- Alain Johannes, Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme
9. Cut Me Some Slack- Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear
10. If I Were Me- Dave Grohl, Jessy Greene, Rami Jaffee, Jim Keltner
11. Mantra- Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, Trent Reznor

Downloaded this last night and watched tonight. As a musician and ex-music tech student, I found it brilliant. I can understand how some may not like it though.

As for the tracklisting, what an amazing line-up of musicians! I'm seeing Sound City Players in London on Tuesday, and can't wait to hear some of these tracks live!

• 3 weeks later...