The Official Fat Wreck Preorder Thread

Guest user420

Why are you here if you don't like folks sharing info?

Sharing info is fine, especially for lesser known releases. But some of us NOFX/Fat Wreck fans have a hard enough time snagging releases without the additional competition. I guess my best option is to do the "membership" thing but I guess I'm old school in the fact that I think the big name releases should go to fans of the music and not be posted in public places where flippers who won't even listen to the album are known to congregate. Fat Wreck has it's own board, I'd rather let them handle it. 

Just one person's opinion.

Sharing info is fine, especially for lesser known releases. But some of us NOFX/Fat Wreck fans have a hard enough time snagging releases without the additional competition. I guess my best option is to do the "membership" thing but I guess I'm old school in the fact that I think the big name releases should go to fans of the music and not be posted in public places where flippers who won't even listen to the album are known to congregate. Fat Wreck has it's own board, I'd rather let them handle it. 

I dunno man, I don't follow Fat Wreck's board as much so I need people to post it on here.  If they don't, how do you expect me to buy copies to flip on Ebay?  Tryin' to keep a brotha down is all you're doing.

In other words, "I am a self appointed 'bigger fan' so I should get limited releases and not other people."

With Fat Wreck you will always be able to get the record itself. Will it be the most limited? No but you can get it for the music. If thats the reason people even buy these anymore.

Look, I love a fuck-ton of bands.  But I don't have the time and bandwidth of checking every single individual band forum since I have a day job.  This site is a great resource to have aggregated information provided from all genres, etc.  In fact, I have probably enhanced my musical tastes and given money to labels I otherwise wouldn't have because of this forum.  So I hope everyone continues to share information, so good music gets out, regardless of the level of fandom of the purchaser.

In other words, "I am a self appointed 'bigger fan' so I should get limited releases and not other people."

With Fat Wreck you will always be able to get the record itself. Will it be the most limited? No but you can get it for the music. If thats the reason people even buy these anymore.

You guys can have all of the limited, silly colors. As long as I can have a black one to actually play on my turntable, I'm fine.