The Official Fat Wreck Preorder Thread

Colored standalone sold out at KRM EU now.

When I watched and listened to it I was pretty disappointed how they mixed and handled the audio. Too many voice overdubs and post-production. The overdubs become very obvious when you compare the fan videos filmed at that event to the official video. To my ears it completely lost any "live feeling" due to the massive post-production (which is hard to capture on a recording anyway). I have the same complaints with each release of the Live in a Dive series which suffer from that, too.

Pretty happy I did not order this. Although I stay curious about Linewleum on side B.

Edited by Iggy_Pilot
reworded

6 hours ago, Iggy_Pilot said:

When I watched and listened to it I was pretty disappointed how they mixed and handled the audio. Too many voice overdubs and post-production. The overdubs become very obvious when you compare the fan videos filmed at that event to the official video. To my ears it completely lost any "live feeling" due to the massive post-production (which is hard to capture on a recording anyway). I have the same complaints with each release of the Live in a Dive series which suffer from that, too.

Pretty happy I did not order this. Although I stay curious about Linewleum on side B.

I thought it sounded surprisingly tight and well recorded, which makes me less surprised about the overdubs. Still feels a little strange considering NOFX doesn't mind releasing sloppy live performances.

2 hours ago, dynamitekid said:

They probably redid it because of the orchestra. Wanted to make it sounds as good as possible for them.

Well, why not record it properly in a studio together with the orchestra and release that instead of releasing a "live record" which in fact it is not with that amount of production? I do not get that actually.  Make this release a bit pointless.

I think it sounds very underwhelming and too clean (which they do not sound like live). Just compare it to the "The Decline live in Montreal" recording which sounds a lot more true and exciting in regards to a "live feeling". Would have expected it more like that.

Oh yeah, and the video editing is horrible, too, I think.

On 4/13/2020 at 7:48 AM, Iggy_Pilot said:

yeah I was surprised how much Mike's vocals were re-done. like really surprised.  I remember buying an old A3 vhs / maybe dvd and it was unwatchable because of how his vocals didn't match the images.  it was truly distracting..  

(also that being said, I still bought it in a heartbeat.  ) 

Edited by thepunkguy

18 hours ago, mike said:

Can you point out the spots where you hear the overdubs?

You just might want to compare Mike's singing in these two videos. I'll give you some spots to start with below. In the audience video he often slurs some of the word endings while on the official video these can be heard very clearly. Also he stresses the lines a bit differently. On the official audio his voice does not even sound as "shot" as usually but more "polished".

Audience Video (audience video)
1:29 (Zero Feelings)
1:44 (Human Nature)
1:59 (Fear of Truth)
2:14 (Learning From the Past)
2:18 (Stagnation)

Official Video
2:37 (Zero Feelings)
2:54 (Human Nature)
3:08 ((Fear of Truth)
3:22 (Learning From the Past)
3:28 (Stagnation)