The Official Fat Wreck Preorder Thread

On 10/16/2020 at 10:49 AM, dork337 said:

I haven't been since before COVID but the experience was always fine for me. Every time I went they had plenty to go around. Sometimes they'd even have leftovers from the previous opening. It's a great experience, I recommend going if you can. 

Is it usually limit one item per person? 

On 10/15/2020 at 10:26 PM, shenanigans said:

We're in the middle of a pandemic. Do you think when they sent these records to be pressed they knew that there were going to be no flights from Europe to the US? Do you think GZ is pressing records at full capacity? I'm sure Fat also is working packing up records with a smaller crew to be safe. And it's NOFX. It's probably 2 dudes in a warehouse packing up 10,000 records. Any of their other bands it's probably 1,000 and takes them a few days.

you were very close to being 100% correct. thank you.

the one correction: It's one woman in a warehouse filling the thousands of records. she's going as fast as she can and I'm going in and helping when I can but it's gonna take time.

On 10/15/2020 at 11:40 PM, pushbacktosquare said:

Looks like the storefront is SF will be opening on 10/23 for store exclusives. Might make the drive, how is the experience, typically? Do they usually have enough to go around? 

make the drive. everyone lines up outside distanced from each other. mask required. we'll have enough of the newest store editions for everyone. also, after around 4pm it's pretty slow so ya know, no lines or people!

44 minutes ago, patatfat said:

you were very close to being 100% correct. thank you.

the one correction: It's one woman in a warehouse filling the thousands of records. she's going as fast as she can and I'm going in and helping when I can but it's gonna take time.

make sure you leave a tip in paypal when you order and they might even customize your mailer!

spacer.png

9 hours ago, GradedOnACurve said:

My fault on Leche Con Carne I thought I got it but I didn’t and they’re coming from Europe GZ as well. The Europe people got it a while back.

Forgot to check the Fat order statuses.

Yes, still coming from Europe but not from GZ anymore. Fat Wreck switched to Takt Direct. Way better quality - particularly the lacquer cut/mastering/sound which is terrible when cut in-house by GZ. But also the cover has a higher quality than the GZ ones.

18 hours ago, GradedOnACurve said:

My fault on Leche Con Carne I thought I got it but I didn’t and they’re coming from Europe GZ as well. The Europe people got it a while back.

Forgot to check the Fat order statuses.

Fat is one of the most reputable companies I have ever ordered from. Delays happen, out of their control, but I have always received my orders. Zero issues after years of ordering from them. I fully back Fat Wreck mail order 100%.

Can't say the same for SRC.

10 hours ago, Iggy_Pilot said:

Yes, still coming from Europe but not from GZ anymore. Fat Wreck switched to Takt Direct. Way better quality - particularly the lacquer cut/mastering/sound which is terrible when cut in-house by GZ. But also the cover has a higher quality than the GZ ones.

Not Takt Direct..., they are pressed by Packaged Sounds who use the same cutting lathe as TD. I agree on sound and sleeve quality. 

3 hours ago, ROVVLES said:

Fat is one of the most reputable companies I have ever ordered from. Delays happen, out of their control, but I have always received my orders. Zero issues after years of ordering from them. I fully back Fat Wreck mail order 100%.

Can't say the same for SRC.

I wasn’t bashing Fat. I’ve ordered from them for over 10 years. 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, captainreiss said:

Not Takt Direct..., they are pressed by Packaged Sounds who use the same cutting lathe as TD. I agree on sound and sleeve quality. 

Thank you for this correction. Does Packaged Sounds own record presses or is it a broker/manufacturer and uses TD as the pressing plant? Or are the record presses co-owned/shared by both companies?

Edited by Iggy_Pilot
edit