The Official Fat Wreck Preorder Thread

Just now, snowynz said:

No doubt they’ll be more polished versions, but still not new. After bragging about 30+ new songs, this just kinda sucks. I thought linewlium was exclusive to the live Decline vinyl too?

Yeah it's a pretty weird thing to have so many songs and most of them already available. 

Just got my shipment of the NOFX 7" of the month records. Noticed "I Love You More Than I Hate You" was heavier than all the others. Somehow they managed to stuff 2 copies in there. Pretty funny. Never had anything like this happen. Not sure what to do with the extra. No jacket or sleeve, just a loose 7". 

15 minutes ago, tipyourbartender said:

Just got my shipment of the NOFX 7" of the month records. Noticed "I Love You More Than I Hate You" was heavier than all the others. Somehow they managed to stuff 2 copies in there. Pretty funny. Never had anything like this happen. Not sure what to do with the extra. No jacket or sleeve, just a loose 7". 

Coaster.

33 minutes ago, tipyourbartender said:

That happen to me a couple of times with records I put out. The pressing plant goofed when they were assembling them. I went to ship the record and was like hmmm why is this one so much heavier than usual. So I've got a box in my closet of random jackets, records, screen printed extras, etc. I'm too weak to throw them in the garbage where they belong lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fat Mike was on the Chris Demakes A Podcast today and spoke about Single Album coming out this month. Which is all old material at this point, and that they have written 38 more songs (not including the songs they cut from what would have been Double Album) already for a new album coming out in November. 

1 hour ago, hookups96 said:

Fat Mike was on the Chris Demakes A Podcast today and spoke about Single Album coming out this month. Which is all old material at this point, and that they have written 38 more songs (not including the songs they cut from what would have been Double Album) already for a new album coming out in November. 

Wild. 

5 hours ago, hookups96 said:

Need that covid cash grab, I feel like I'm seeing that a lot this year...

2 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Cash grab?  Try not being able to work (tour) for over a year and still have bills to pay.

I understand that and don't have a problem with it. But, as mentioned here and elsewhere, when there are 30+ new songs out there and we get an album that isn't really new, just seems....lazy and a little cash grabby. 

PS I bought two copies of the album...

Edited by geezfools

12 minutes ago, geezfools said:

I understand that and don't have a problem with it. But, as mentioned here and elsewhere, when there are 30+ new songs out there and we get an album that isn't really new, just seems....lazy and a little cash grabby. 

PS I bought two copies of the album...

It is what it is.  Beats supporting some garbage live stream imo.  

13 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

LOL.. seems like a lazy cash grab

but i bought two!

Being on a vinyl collecting forum and all, I'm sure no one here has purchased an album they weren't in love with or some other random reason. Only been listening to NOFX for 20+ years now. They release it, I buy it, love it or not. No one can deny that nofx/fat mike has released some weird shit the past several years. Hell, look at the recent 7iotm releases, I don't think anyone loved all of that. I'm glad they're releasing shit, but it still feels like a lazy cash grab, especially if fat mike is on podcasts talking about a bunch of new music waiting in the wings.

12 minutes ago, geezfools said:

Being on a vinyl collecting forum and all, I'm sure no one here has purchased an album they weren't in love with or some other random reason. Only been listening to NOFX for 20+ years now. They release it, I buy it, love it or not. No one can deny that nofx/fat mike has released some weird shit the past several years. Hell, look at the recent 7iotm releases, I don't think anyone loved all of that. I'm glad they're releasing shit, but it still feels like a lazy cash grab, especially if fat mike is on podcasts talking about a bunch of new music waiting in the wings.

NOFX has always done cash grabby stuff. BECASUE WE'RE ALL SUCKERS AND KEEP BUYING IT!

I bought yet another live NOFX record (Decline)
Grabbed the Cokie album even though I don't really care for it and will never listen to it.
Hell every Gimmie Gimmies record has been a cash grab in my opinion.
Bought the cover split with Frank Turner, even though we already did that with Rancid.
I'm not even sure what's on this "Singles LP" and I bought the stand alone color LP and the shirt bundle.

Chabad Religion is where I drew the line. I passed on that one. Maybe it's somebodies thing, but as someone who can't speak a word of Hebrew it sure wasn't mine lol. 

30 minutes ago, geezfools said:

Sorry I wasn't mocking you are anything I legit thought that was funny