The Official Fat Wreck Preorder Thread

19 minutes ago, kylet said:

Oh you're talking about ordering from one of these bad boys:
https://imgur.com/a/3JhS1WC
(sorry I don't know how to post photos here)

I love how vinyl is cheaper than CDs! For some reason I hung onto all these in a folder. I've got Fat, Nitro, Punkcore, A-F records, and a few more.

Exactly! I've got a bunch kicking around as well. Trying to remember where I first ordered Fat stuff from, a zine or something from back then. Probably just MRR or Punk Planet, then started getting the little catalog/zine deals from Fat directly. All my early Fat Wreck color was ordered that way. I remember the Nitro ones inside the CD's I got, all folded up I think. I didn't order much vinyl in my Nitro days though, wishing I had, hahaha

33 minutes ago, geezfools said:

I didn't order much vinyl in my Nitro days though, wishing I had, hahaha

Yeah me neither unfortunately. Just convinced my mom to order me a 3XL Vandals T-shirts (I'm 140 lbs now, so I was probably around 110 back then) to go with my JNCO jeans as part of our "school clothes shopping" haha.

Edited by kylet

Just now, kylet said:

Yeah me neither unfortunately. Just convinced my mom to order me 3XL Vandals T-shirts (I'm 140 lbs now, so I was probably around 110 back then) to go with my JNCO jeans as part of our "school clothes shopping" haha.

This shirt specifically. 
https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/vandals-1995-puking-punk-short-sleeve-shirt

Except mine was baby blue. What a hideous shirt haha.

3 minutes ago, JohnMatrix said:

Its weird how some records they put up are ready immediately and then others you have to wait months on. How do they decide that I wonder

Just a guess: planning smartly vs. not planning well enough in advance (or possibly not having the time to plan something in advance). I mean even this tee shirt is "delayed" 3 weeks. I'm sure COVID had a little to do with that.

7 hours ago, SpaceAmbient said:

He's basically become one. But I get it, he's a hero to those who appeal to blind authoritarianism.

"Don't wear a mask. No, wear one. Nevermind about masks. Wait, wear 3! Yeah, that's it. I'm an "expert." Trust me on this one..."

Not at all. Wearing a mask isn't political. Clearly, you hear what you want to hear and can't understand the difference between types of masks.

3 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

Its weird how some records they put up are ready immediately and then others you have to wait months on. How do they decide that I wonder

Notice and difference between which ones go up immediately vs preorders? Like maybe one set is new records and the other is represses?

9 hours ago, mxpxer311 said:

I already got a shipping confirmation for the Larry arms stand alone color vinyl 

same.. which was a nice surprise

8 hours ago, hookups96 said:

Yeah got the shipping for this, but yet still waiting for a 7 inch with Milo playing a ukulele and ranting about politics pre ordered in I think October. 

samhe here

10 hours ago, Skeezer13 said:

Did anybody get a pressing count on larry arms repress colored vinyl?  This is first day release I have missed in years

I've read somewhere about 300ish

10 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Notice and difference between which ones go up immediately vs preorders? Like maybe one set is new records and the other is represses?

I was thinking more like the I Heard They Suck Live repress that went up in October but hasn't shipped yet but the  Lawrence Arms repress or the Never Trust  A Hippy records shipped the day after they went up

17 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Not at all. Wearing a mask isn't political. Clearly, you hear what you want to hear and can't understand the difference between types of masks.

It's been politicized for sure. Not saying masks don't have utility or that this is all a hoax.  Two things can be true at the same time.  Not sure why so many people try to put things into binary categories and play the football game, when life often exists in grey areas where aspects of both arguments have value. It can be true that Fauci is both knowledgeable in his field but also working with politicians in their power grab. So to say "not at all" is short-sighted, imo.

Edited by SpaceAmbient
edited to be less abrasive

4 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

I was thinking more like the I Heard They Suck Live repress that went up in October but hasn't shipped yet but the  Lawrence Arms repress or the Never Trust  A Hippy records shipped the day after they went up

It's because on the 25th anniversary stuff, they left pre-orders open for a week or a month and then ordered however many copies they needed after the fact. So the production time gets extended. Where-as the other releases Fat orders a specific amount ahead of time and by the time we pre-order them, they are already in production queue.

I don't work for Fat, so this is all hypothesis.

22 hours ago, SpaceAmbient said:

It's because on the 25th anniversary stuff, they left pre-orders open for a week or a month and then ordered however many copies they needed after the fact. So the production time gets extended. Where-as the other releases Fat orders a specific amount ahead of time and by the time we pre-order them, they are already in production queue.

I don't work for Fat, so this is all hypothesis.

Sounds logical. I also think represses like Larry Arms are easier as there is no time pressure to release, FAT probably just list them when they are ready so they ship straight away.

On 3/5/2021 at 4:15 PM, hookups96 said:

Yeah got the shipping for this, but yet still waiting for a 7 inch with Milo playing a ukulele and ranting about politics pre ordered in I think October. 

Ha, I forgot I ordered that. Meanwhile, the Descendents 7" with two of the same songs that went up a month later was sent out a while ago. Fat's site says March shipping for Milo's Rebuke, so maybe soon?

39 minutes ago, thenameisluigi said:

Ha, I forgot I ordered that. Meanwhile, the Descendents 7" with two of the same songs that went up a month later was sent out a while ago. Fat's site says March shipping for Milo's Rebuke, so maybe soon?

Yeah I got that too. And did see I should have three orders shipping from Fat in March.