The Official Fat Wreck Preorder Thread

On 8/13/2021 at 11:48 AM, geezfools said:

The bundles were supposed to ship at the end of the month, per the email Fat sent out when this initially dropped.  That was in July, so I assume soon. I ordered a bundle as well and mine doesn't appear to have shipped yet.

I haven't seen any hints on the next 25th repress, but I know a bunch of us are hoping for STWB to be the one.

My Good Riddance bundle shipped yesterday btw.

33 minutes ago, tdogg241 said:

The band's response was trash too.  They took it down, but it was 100% victim-blaming and slut-shaming.  I'm done with them.

Really need to see the actual post before anyone can accept hearsay. Not defending the band by any means, but this is exactly how stories get stretched out of context.

On 8/27/2021 at 5:35 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

Holy. Shit. 22 minutes in and I'm crying. This poor woman. Ugh. It's so shocking. 

There's also a lot of grey area.

I am highly skeptical when someone complains about a person's behavior only after having spent significant time with them. If she thought his behavior was so misogynistic then why did she continue talking to him and hanging out with him after the first glimpse of such behavior? Like if he said "Hey tits, let me buy you a drink." and she let's him buy her a drink, can she really complain about being called "tits" after the fact? She enabled it and gave him the go-ahead that she was ok with it by going along with it and not halting the behavior right there. Chances are she enjoyed the attention initially and only changed her tune after the fact. I've seen it happen countless times. Girl likes guy, girl hangs out with guy, girl learns guy isn't as serious about her as she is about him, girl gets upset, girl turns everything from the past in to a malicious act. 🤷‍♂️

56 minutes ago, SpaceAmbient said:

Really need to see the actual post before anyone can accept hearsay. Not defending the band by any means, but this is exactly how stories get stretched out of context.

I don't have screenshots, but it was supposedly written by the other woman in the story, I believe her name was Stacy and she was dating Ray at the time.  In it, she picked apart the victim's behavior in very much the same way you just did (congrats on thinking the exact same way as every other rape apologist in this toxic scene).

Masked Intruder shared the post without comment, only to delete it and post this bullshit after receiving blowback.  The post and comments under it should hopefully clear your personal burden of proof that TBR's post existed.

Bottom line, Ray is not a safe person for women to be around, and the reason this shit never changes is these guys get their scene-bros to back them up, as you've done, congrats on fulfilling your duty.  The band was quietly dropped from this year's Fest lineup.  Look at their fb for about a week after 7/21, the date the podcast came out.  All the comments were turned off on their posts, but not on the post about the podcast so they could do damage control.  The band managed to semi-successfully sweep this under the rug.

And Fat still chose to put out their new album.

Sounds more like someone's running on pure emotion.

I also find fault with the whole "grooming" complaint. Are we not supposed to be friendly to people anymore? Is every transaction supposed to go from stranger to sex with no getting to know someone?

Also, she was 21. She's a grown woman. At what point are we responsible for our own actions and decisions?

As for the going for a second round while she's asleep... if that's true that's absolutely disgusting. But none of us were there, so there really is no way for any of us to know for sure unless someone openly admits to it. It would be wrong for us to make assumptions either direction.

People go multiple rounds of sex in one night all the time and it's not malicious. There's too much grey area in this story. Is Ray a creep? Probably.  But she sounds like one too.

Sounds like it was just a toxic relationship in general that she was a consensual participant in. This feels like something I might've said about my ex after our toxic relationship ended and I realized how dumb I was for going along with it for so long. I do feel for her and what she endured because toxic relationships can be quite damaging, but the moment I "matured" was when I stopped blaming my ex for things that I actively participated in and enabled. Doesn't mean my ex was a saint, but doesn't mean I have to destroy their livelihood either.

Hopefully both parties can learn something from the experience, move forward, and grow.

19 hours ago, SpaceAmbient said:

Sounds more like someone's running on pure emotion.

I also find fault with the whole "grooming" complaint. Are we not supposed to be friendly to people anymore? Is every transaction supposed to go from stranger to sex with no getting to know someone?

Also, she was 21. She's a grown woman. At what point are we responsible for our own actions and decisions?

As for the going for a second round while she's asleep... if that's true that's absolutely disgusting. But none of us were there, so there really is no way for any of us to know for sure unless someone openly admits to it. It would be wrong for us to make assumptions either direction.

People go multiple rounds of sex in one night all the time and it's not malicious. There's too much grey area in this story. Is Ray a creep? Probably.  But she sounds like one too.

Sounds like it was just a toxic relationship in general that she was a consensual participant in. This feels like something I might've said about my ex after our toxic relationship ended and I realized how dumb I was for going along with it for so long. I do feel for her and what she endured because toxic relationships can be quite damaging, but the moment I "matured" was when I stopped blaming my ex for things that I actively participated in and enabled. Doesn't mean my ex was a saint, but doesn't mean I have to destroy their livelihood either.

Hopefully both parties can learn something from the experience, move forward, and grow.

Yikes. Bad look, mate.