The Official Fat Wreck Preorder Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, thglif52 said:

It seems people have been paying $250.00 for those same two songs on Discogs.  Insane. 

Yeah I understand collectors want everything and will gladly get gouged there, just kinda wild to be that much from the original source. Fat was always pretty well priced for things. Get the $$ I guess? At least it’s good era NOFX

Edited by trainsaw

4 minutes ago, dynamitekid said:

Fat's prices have gone up and up and they've been releasing less new music. Makes me wonder what's up with them

They’re sitting on an insane back catalog that, for a lot of it, hasn’t been in print in years, and they’re charging normal, across the board prices. 

Nothing’s up except gettin where the gettin is good.

27 minutes ago, billya said:

This is further proof that if you wait long enough most things will be re-pressed. Glad to finally grab this.

100%, I see these people new to vinyl, in these FB groups going gung ho on trying to track down everything in the first month. I jUSt NeEd OnE oF EVeRyTHinG! Like, be patient, bands and labels are foaming at the mouth for your money, it will all be pressed again. Seeing these OpIvy records sell out in a few minutes and instantly worth $80 is wild. I've seen that record repressed twice in the last six months.

I just realized the picture on the jacket cover is NOFX w/ Don Ho.  I went to Hawaii in elementary school for vacation and we went to the supper club that Don Ho was playing at.  I guess Don Ho was my first "show".  After the show you could go to this merch booth and buy tapes, signed photo's, get pictures with him, etc.  He was so hammered after the show and was hanging on every woman he could get his hands on.  It was quite the scene.

6 hours ago, dynamitekid said:

Fat's prices have gone up and up and they've been releasing less new music. Makes me wonder what's up with them

Inflation, cost of shipping for materials in and out. It sucks for everyone. Normally I'd grab something like this without hesitation, but $25ppd for a 2 song record, man, that's like 4.65 gallons of gas here in CA! 

On 3/22/2022 at 4:04 PM, billya said:

This is further proof that if you wait long enough most things will be re-pressed. Glad to finally grab this.

waiting out for a repress has saved me a ton of money so many times. still waiting on a Short Music for Short People repress tho...

5 hours ago, firehazardrecords said:

waiting out for a repress has saved me a ton of money so many times. still waiting on a Short Music for Short People repress tho...

I mean, 2024 would be the 25th anniversary. They've already done a 25th anniversary version for Survival of the Fattest.