The Official Fat Wreck Preorder Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't want anyone here to miss out on all the Fat colored vinyl I'm currently selling. Prices are high, but so is the quality. More for those wanting perfect/nearly perfect copies. Thanks in advance for taking a look, hope I can fill in some gaps:

Mods, I'm sure this is skating the rules a bit, but I knew there'd be some in this thread that would appreciate it. Sorry in advance.

On 7/7/2022 at 4:47 AM, ShagCarpetGuy said:

Ok, I'm pretty bummed at the amount of excitement this release is generating, so just wanted to post. Thanks a ton to Fat for taking care of business and getting this thing pressed. This is an absolutely badass album that I thought was going to be on my "want but will probably never happen" album list forever (especially after the box set came out without this included). The cover versions on here are pretty much all better than the versions by the actual other band's recordings of them. I am a little annoyed like an old man that the press blurb for this everywhere says it came out in 2006 when it came out in 2001 and was a super important bridge between Bad Astronaut's first and second album which seemed like it took forever, so we heard Armchair Martian's version of Bad Astronaut songs before the Bad Astronaut versions. This is some prime Joey Cape songwriting years back when he didn't post anything online so you never knew what the fuck his plans were or if Lagwagon were even going to be a band anymore. Anyways, yelling out into the internetverse how stoked I am for this one, and again thanks to Fat for putting out something that might not be the number 1 selling record of the year, but means a lot to plenty of people nonetheless.

2 hours ago, chuckeroo2 said:

Ok, I'm pretty bummed at the amount of excitement this release is generating, so just wanted to post. Thanks a ton to Fat for taking care of business and getting this thing pressed. This is an absolutely badass album that I thought was going to be on my "want but will probably never happen" album list forever (especially after the box set came out without this included). The cover versions on here are pretty much all better than the versions by the actual other band's recordings of them. I am a little annoyed like an old man that the press blurb for this everywhere says it came out in 2006 when it came out in 2001 and was a super important bridge between Bad Astronaut's first and second album which seemed like it took forever, so we heard Armchair Martian's version of Bad Astronaut songs before the Bad Astronaut versions. This is some prime Joey Cape songwriting years back when he didn't post anything online so you never knew what the fuck his plans were or if Lagwagon were even going to be a band anymore. Anyways, yelling out into the internetverse how stoked I am for this one, and again thanks to Fat for putting out something that might not be the number 1 selling record of the year, but means a lot to plenty of people nonetheless.

It's the best split EP ever recorded.

It would be incredibly fucking rad if Fat pressed other Armchair Martian releases, at least Who Wants To Play Bass? and get the rights for Good Guys... Bad Band from Virgil (Suburban Home) since that included all their earlier releases (but was a CD/mp3 only release).