The Official Fat Wreck Preorder Thread

52 minutes ago, thglif52 said:

Ugh.  So tempted to bite on this box set but I've already purchased so many of these individually over the last several years.  What to do.....

If you have the originals, you could always sell them to help pay for this; that’s my plan…

Edited by ShagCarpetGuy

12 hours ago, slinch said:

Just did a bit of quick math, that's around a $550 total with shipping and tax to EU. So great they chose THIS one to be a US exclusive. 😕 Alas, I'm out.

Use ship7's mail forwarding service.  you mediamail it to their us storage then you can undervalue it to declare less tax and ship it for a way more reasonable price from them.

( I'm waiting for a 10 record order from various labels from them right now for 80 dollars total of shipping which would be a lot more if i ordered from the labels directly.) 

Edited by xfactor675

Just got my boxset. Was a little worried the box seem a little loose where it the tape came across. Packed pretty nice inside. Foam corners all all four corners with big bubble wrap around the box. Box itself was in a plastic bag. Once opened there is more foam making so the records don’t slide around. Currently working so couldn’t open all the records (which are sealed). Only wish so far would be that there would have been some print on the side of the box instead of just the front. 

1 hour ago, hookups96 said:

Just got my boxset. Was a little worried the box seem a little loose where it the tape came across. Packed pretty nice inside. Foam corners all all four corners with big bubble wrap around the box. Box itself was in a plastic bag. Once opened there is more foam making so the records don’t slide around. Currently working so couldn’t open all the records (which are sealed). Only wish so far would be that there would have been some print on the side of the box instead of just the front. 

Can you or anyone else who has it please post photos of it when you get a chance? I'm curious as to the quality of the set. 

I recently picked up the FFAF box set and was very impressed with the quality of the presentation. Others, like the Underoath one.... Eh not so much

7 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

Can you or anyone else who has it please post photos of it when you get a chance? I'm curious as to the quality of the set. 

I recently picked up the FFAF box set and was very impressed with the quality of the presentation. Others, like the Underoath one.... Eh not so much

I have both the others you are talking about. This one seems just like the Lagwagon boxset they did a while back. 

Mail from Kings Road Merch EU:

"Hi there,

unfortunately, we must let you know that the release date of the The Flatliners (New Ruin) Pre-Order was postponed.

The new release date is currently scheduled for September 23rd, 2022.

Unfortunately, there are frequent delays in vinyl production worldwide for various reasons.

There is a possibility that the items will arrive earlier. But we are initially assuming the later point in time.

We will of course ship as soon as the items hit our warehouse. You’ll receive an e-mail with your tracking information as soon as your parcel is ready.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please get in touch with our customer service: [email protected] .

Thank you in advance for your patience and kind regards

Your Kings Road Merch EU Team"

On 7/23/2022 at 1:44 PM, achillesstand7 said:

The artwork on the box looks like it's just some placeholder artwork, waiting for the final product to be designed. That's really the final artwork they went with? Mine came in the mail today but I won't be able to see it until I get home from work. 

Were you able to open it? Interested in how the set looks if you have some photos.

2 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

Thanks. I saw that, but nothing really on the look of the set. That's just the vinyl color. I'm sure someone will put some photos up there eventually.

The set is nice and significant. I consider it worth the price. VC remains one of the most user-unfriendly sites to post pictures to. I'd be happy to share a couple but don't have the time to deal with this interface to do so unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

What do you mean by "the look of the set"?

Like is it a box you have to open to access the records, similar to a the box you take your jewelry home in from the store, or can you slide it into your shelf and pull the records out one by one, the same way you'd expect a book box set to be. 

I really appreciate the look of a well-made vinyl box set, so I'm curious as to its design. I'm sure discogs will have it at some point.