The Official Fat Wreck Preorder Thread

4 hours ago, sugareggs said:

Nofx quitting doesn’t bother me in the slightest, as long as Strung Out is still active and out in the universe (my own personal hot take)

Strung Out is one of my favorite bands of all time, hoping to hear new music from them soon.

Honestly, most of those seminal 90s skate punk bands are still releasing good music. Lagwagon, Propaghandi, MxPx, Millencolin, Bad Religion, Less Than Jake, and Good Riddance are as good as they've ever been. 

What I wouldn't give to hear what music No Use For A Name would have released in the past 10 years. 

12 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

It is very due for years, I mean I never liked them so they never meant anything to me but if we are honest they didn't have a relevant record in almost 20 years. And those stand ups filled with songs here and there shows got old pretty fast too. It's the best for them too, and maybe the label could shine better again, hopefully. 

I haven't liked NOFX since Pump up the Valuum, so personally, I totally agree. I think your post was an accurate representation of the band's last 20 years, I don't think what you said was negative/worthy of "you're fun at parties" jabs....but that's just me. Obviously other people still like them, and that's fine.

and I am in this thread because Fat releases mostly records by bands that are not NOFX.

40 minutes ago, kyacrash said:

I haven't liked NOFX since Pump up the Valuum, so personally, I totally agree. I think your post was an accurate representation of the band's last 20 years, I don't think what you said was negative/worthy of "you're fun at parties" jabs....but that's just me. Obviously other people still like them, and that's fine.

and I am in this thread because Fat releases mostly records by bands that are not NOFX.

I agree with the post entirely, I too couldn't care less for much after PUTV and tbh i've always thought some of the best bands on fat are the ones that are away from the "NOFX" sound. I mean The Loved Ones and Bannerpilot for instance are great examples of that.

6 minutes ago, erousso said:

Got my copy of Have A Ball today. It's a red splatter that doesn't look anything like what was on the site. I like this variant way better! Anyone else get that?

Did you order with the slipmat or just the LP? The grey marble image on the site was only available with the slipmat - they didn’t specify what the color of the standalone LP was.

5 hours ago, erousso said:

I wish I could post a poll in the thread of what we think the next 25th anniversary drop will be. I hope it's either Novelty Forever or Double Plaidinum.

Novelty Forever is definitely slept on. So good. I feel it shares sonic qualities with Lagwagon’s Double Pladinum, like they were recorded with the same amps or in the same studio or something. Would love to have it on vinyl. 

1 hour ago, sugareggs said:

Novelty Forever is definitely slept on. So good. I feel it shares sonic qualities with Lagwagon’s Double Pladinum, like they were recorded with the same amps or in the same studio or something. Would love to have it on vinyl. 

early Bracket is really underrated, I also didn't really love Double Plaidinum when it first came out but now it's top 3 Lagwagon for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sugareggs said:

Lagwagon - Double Plaidinum 25th 

Colored vinyl preorder

Vinyl / sock bundle

Can’t tell if it’s the same color in the bundle, as the standalone. Usually Fat does a different color for clothing bundles - anyone know if that’s true here? Only see one color in their Insta post.

12 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

Can’t tell if it’s the same color in the bundle, as the standalone. Usually Fat does a different color for clothing bundles - anyone know if that’s true here? Only see one color in their Insta post.

The other 25th Anny represses this year have had a different variant for the bundle packages. Also, the stock difference between the two is quite different. Just over 300 of the bundle and just under 1500 of the standalone. Doesn’t mean they’re different variants, but it leads me to believe they are.