The Postal Service - Give Up (3xLP reissue)

because real labels that work with distributors and want to make sales figures can't ship out early. a few days is one thing, but how many preorders have you gotten 45 days early?

Truth...although wouldn't they still be able to track sales figures regardless of release date? I know it would effect "first week" sales numbers but would that really be a concern with a re-release like this?

Truth...although wouldn't they still be able to track sales figures regardless of release date? I know it would effect "first week" sales numbers but would that really be a concern with a re-release like this?

i don't know. it's their second biggest selling record to date. the reissue will probably do pretty well. might even chart.

I think some part in their processing of orders marks shipments prematurely as "shipped." I ordered the new Low record, and it said that it had shipped more than a month early, and I emailed to ask if that was accurate. They said no; it would ship just before the expected release date. So, I probably wouldn't get my hopes up.

Just emailed, not shipping, just printed out shipping forms for filing to be shipped later but it changes the status on the site, sowwyyy

Was just gonna say, here's what I got in response:

"nope sorry that's not accurate.  It's just that when I process orders off our site and print them out to file into a pre-orders  file, our site still changes the status of the order to "shipped" even though that's not actually the case. Sorry for the confusion! Your order will be shipping a week or so before the release date, and I will send you an email when the refund is sent as well. Thanks!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...