PO: Alcoa - Bone and Marrow

From B9:

"Today marks the release of Alcoa's Drowned 7inch, which is a two-song teaser for Bone & Marrow, the forthcoming debut full-length from this solo side project of Defeater frontman Derek Archambault. Bone & Marrow was recorded in mid-2012, first in Derek's hometown of Portsmouth, NH, then at Mike Moschetto's The Office Recording (N. Andover, MA) and at Jay Maas' Getaway Recording Studio (for vocal tracks and mastering). This debut album features eleven pop/country-tinged songs about life, love and regret. Also prevalent on the album is the addition of instrumentation like upright bass, banjo, fiddle, pedal steel, piano/organ, and charming guy/girl dueling vocals (featuring Archambault's fiance Alyssa Eygnor), making it Alcoa's most complete and mature effort to date. Pre-order Bone & Marrow (available 2/26/13) and pick up a copy of the Drowned 7inch"

http://www.b9store.com/alcoa

- /100 package with exclusive variant, silkscreened cover, limited and numbered /100 shirt and sticker, and 12"x18" poster

2py9o4o.jpg

- /200 red with black smoke

90vf3c.jpg

- /700 clear with black and gray smoke

2h6xes2.jpg

looks good! On the Defeater BBC1 version of "But Breathing" you can definitely hear the country side of Derek. Hopefully more of that is on this record.

I agree. I really love the live BBC version of "But Breathing", so yea, I can't wait to see what Derek has to offer on this record :)

Anyways, Stoked! Pre-ordered the package right away. I love that the pressing info is added right away this time, since it's not the usual deal with B9 :)

• 4 weeks later...