anyone been rejected by post office to ship through media mail?

i went to ship out records the other day at a post office i haven't used before for records. i told them i wanted to do it through media mail but they said media mail is intended for "education and learning purposes only" and refused to let me send it that way. as 95% of the records i receive are through media mail i was pretty pissed since clearly that's not the policy everywhere else. 

has this been a problem for anyone else?? this post office is super close to my house and most convenient so i'm gonna be pissed if they give me crap about it every time i try to send out records. they also claim anyone else who has have been shipping records through media mail are "cheating the system" so i was just wondering if there's any way around this. i know i can lie about what's in the package but as far as i know of they have permission to open the package and i feel like that would cause more kinds of trouble.

yeah i've researched this before. it's odd. there's a sign in my PO stating media mail is used for well.... media. records, cds, digital drives, whatever.

however the usps website clearly states its for educational material only. 

they always think i'm mailing books.........  :P  idk why.

i use media mail for records and thats it. i shipped an assload of CDs recently and boy was i tempted to try it through media mail. decided best not to.

I guess technically they're right.. http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/173.htm#1113509

Uh, no they're not...

4.1.e. Sound recordings, including incidental announcements of recordings andguides or scripts prepared solely for use with such recordings. Video recordings and player piano rolls are classified as sound recordings.