The official Horror fan topic

Rip

I can't be the only one here who is completely in love with this genre.  I'd probably choose it over any other genre.  So I thought I'd start a topic where we can pretty much talk about anything that involves it!  Movies, collectables, TV shows, whatever you want!

I guess something simple to get us started would be: What are some of your favorite horror films?  Which one's are you most looking forward to?

I think Jaws is the scariest movie of all time

So does everyone else according to Bravo's "100 Scariest Movie Moments."  Although I don't agree with it being the scariest of all-time, I can 100% see why it scares the shit out of everyone, I mean... who isn't scared of sharks?  So they definitely did a good job at appealing to everyone in terms of a common fear.

Just started to collect some Universal Monsters collectibles. Only have a few things so far but if anybody has anything old or cool send me a PM and maybe we work out a deal (will trade records).

Brian

I'm assuming you grabbed the huge blu-ray collection that just came out not too long ago?  I would love to get it if 1) I had a blu-ray player, and 2) if it wasn't so damn expensive, but that's expected.  I'll probably just end up getting the two 4-packs individually to save a little cash.  I keep forgetting to get those too, so thanks for reminding me!  You looking for any kind of stuff in particular?  Bobble-heads, action figures, etc.?

I wish I had your restraint, haha.  I'm not gonna watch it more than that one time though, so I'll probably forget everything by the time the movie actually comes out!

Were you the one I talked about VHS with in the "Recently Viewing" topic?  If you were then I apologize because I think you've changed your avatar since then.

But what about The ABC's Of Death??  You excited for that one too?  That should be out really soon I think.  Next Thursday actually!

Pet Semetary man, movie still scares the shit out of me

zelda.jpg

That image and the story behind it has haunted my dreams for about ten years...I will never forget watching it for the first time...I couldn't sleep for days...

With that being said, I don't know how anyone can find Jaws watchable...let alone scary...most boring/overrated flick ever...

S-VHS

Didn't even know this was happening as I didn't really like the first one, but super stoked to see that Jason Eisner is directing a bit in it.  Hobo With a Shotgun is the shit!

The whole 'found footage' genre is so played out IMO, a couple must-sees but that's about it.

There's another horror movie thread around here somewhere, but I don't really mind this one.  I think I posted a .gif of Victor Crowley ripping off that dudes arms if anyone can find it, pretty saweeet

I'm assuming you grabbed the huge blu-ray collection that just came out not too long ago?  I would love to get it if 1) I had a blu-ray player, and 2) if it wasn't so damn expensive, but that's expected.  I'll probably just end up getting the two 4-packs individually to save a little cash.  I keep forgetting to get those too, so thanks for reminding me!  You looking for any kind of stuff in particular?  Bobble-heads, action figures, etc.?

Yes I do have the Blu-Ray set, got it for Christmas from my Girlfriend. As far as collectables just trying to pick stuff that is cool, I work at Hastings and picked these four up from there.

http://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Universal-Monsters-The-Creatur/sku/288353744.uts

http://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Universal-Monsters-Frankenstei/sku/288751222.uts

http://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Universal-Monsters-Black-Whi/sku/283915365.uts

http://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Universal-Monsters-Frankenstei/sku/288353745.uts

Also have a painting of Frankenstein's Monster, The Wolfman, and Dracula my sister did, she did a pretty good job. Also have a couple of prints from Mondo's Universal show they did this last year. Really want to do a Universal Sleeve but not sure how I want to do it and don't have the extra cash for it yet. But if you see anything cool even vintage stuff let me know.

Brian

Phantasm is probably my favorite horror movie ever so I really need to check out John Dies at the End. I'm not pumped about the Maniac remake, though.

John Dies At The End is so good man.  The only downfall is you can tell what their budget was from the effects, but if you can look past that, it's a really fun film.  You a fan of Bubba Ho-Tep as well?

fuck yes, probably my third favorite horror film behind pet semetary and Martyrs

You know I'm with you on that one sir!  In my top 5 favorite horror films of all-time without a doubt.

Didn't even know this was happening as I didn't really like the first one, but super stoked to see that Jason Eisner is directing a bit in it.  Hobo With a Shotgun is the shit!

I still need to see that.  I can't believe I haven't yet.  But I'm more excited for the segments directed by Gareth Evans and Eduardo Sanchez.  I absolutely loved The Raid and The Blair Witch Project is another one of my all-time favorites.  And speaking of Eduardo Sanchez, did anyone get a chance to check out Lovely Molly?  It just came out in 2011 and it was the first movie he directed since The Blair Witch Project.  I think it's on Netflix right now actually, you guys really need to check it out when you get the chance.

I work at Hastings and picked these four up from there.

http://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Universal-Monsters-The-Creatur/sku/288353744.uts

http://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Universal-Monsters-Frankenstei/sku/288751222.uts

http://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Universal-Monsters-Black-Whi/sku/283915365.uts

http://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Universal-Monsters-Frankenstei/sku/288353745.uts

Also have a painting of Frankenstein's Monster, The Wolfman, and Dracula my sister did, she did a pretty good job. Also have a couple of prints from Mondo's Universal show they did this last year. Really want to do a Universal Sleeve but not sure how I want to do it and don't have the extra cash for it yet. But if you see anything cool even vintage stuff let me know.

Brian

Those are too cool man.  Check this stuff out, there's so much here you won't know what to do with yourself: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?theme=Universal+Monsters

Yeah, you are right. I was picturing the right place but said the wrong name. Anything to do with the achilles is gross.

y

Pet Semetary man, movie still scares the shit out of me

zelda.jpg

That image and the story behind it has haunted my dreams for about ten years...I will never forget watching it for the first time...I couldn't sleep for days...

With that being said, I don't know how anyone can find Jaws watchable...let alone scary...most boring/overrated flick ever...

is that photo from pet semetary?  i can't remember that scene.

yeah i just googled it. 

i am going to have to watch that movie again because i always picture a scene similar that spooked the fuck out of me as a kid.  it would be nice to know where it was from.

it is so vivid in my head.  basically it was a young girl walking down the stairs and they pan to a room where a very similar skinny lady is basically gasping her last breath.  i still get chills thinking about it.  i can't see a full video on youtube to support that this is the actual movie though.

either way that movie was scary as fuck.

doesn't help that i saw it when i was 8 or 9 though.

yeah i just googled it. 

i am going to have to watch that movie again because i always picture a scene similar that spooked the fuck out of me as a kid.  it would be nice to know where it was from.

it is so vivid in my head.  basically it was a young girl walking down the stairs and they pan to a room where a very similar skinny lady is basically gasping her last breath.  i still get chills thinking about it.  i can't see a full video on youtube to support that this is the actual movie though.

either way that movie was scary as fuck.

doesn't help that i saw it when i was 8 or 9 though.

That's 100% Pet Sematary.  Definitely watch it again though.  Such a great film.