The Official Horror Thread

Rip

On my way to work this morning I was thinking that we should have our own horror film fest during October. Like say if 29 of us or so each picked a horror title we could assign each a day and then if so inclined you can get home from work crack open a beverage of your choosing and enjoy the horror flick of the day and of course talk about it on here.

(I say 29 because we all know 30 and 31 are reserved for re-watches of only the most holy of horror films).

I'm definitely in!

I watched sleepaway camp for the first time. What a dumb fucking movie. The end shot is kind of fucking terrifying though.

This is usually blasphemy among horror fans but Sleepaway Camp 2 is waaaaay better than the first. You just have to understand it's a comedy that's parodying slashers. I fucking love Sleepaway Camp 2. 3 is a mess but it's still kinda fun.

This is usually blasphemy among horror fans but Sleepaway Camp 2 is waaaaay better than the first. You just have to understand it's a comedy that's parodying slashers. I fucking love Sleepaway Camp 2. 3 is a mess but it's still kinda fun.

Pamela Springsteen nails the role of Angela.

and this:

Updated my post with the interested parties so far.

Sweet! I think something we can do if we get AT LEAST 7 participants, is that each week of October, each person is assigned a day to recommend one film for everyone else to watch, then everyone who watched it comes here and gives their thoughts/review.

I'm trying to watch a horror movie I haven't seen yet every day this October (with some classics thrown in) so I'll probably play along some nights but not every night.

I'm probably going to go heavy on weird shit from the 80s. Got Motel Hell, Chopping Mall, Xtro, Without Warning, and a couple others lined up already.

Cool that they're putting these out with new artwork but they're all just re-releases that I'm pretty sure I own already.   :(

Saw a couple of them at Walmart today.  No blu-ray of course, and from the looks of it, the actual "covers" aren't any different.  It's basically a DVD-case-sized print of new artwork with the old behind it.  At least that's what it looked like.  Still pretty cool though.  If I see any blu-rays, like I said, I'm gonna upgrade anyways.  Especially for that price.

Saw a couple of them at Walmart today.  No blu-ray of course, and from the looks of it, the actual "covers" aren't any different.  It's basically a DVD-case-sized print of new artwork with the old behind it.  At least that's what it looked like.  Still pretty cool though.  If I see any blu-rays, like I said, I'm gonna upgrade anyways.  Especially for that price.

That's a bummer as physical releases of movies and tv shows take a dive I hope they figure out that like alternate art steelbooks are the way to go for those who physical copies of things. 

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread